Protection State

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bristow, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bristow

bristow Registered Member

I have completed a system backup, but in the "Protection State" area it keeps warning me that I have not created a system backup when I even have log files prove this, what is going on?

Attached Files:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Is this TI 11 or 2009?

TI 11 occasionally forgets what it has done.

Has it ever shown that the SVB has been created?

If TI 2009, have you updated TI recently or deleted or moved some if its files?

Colin

3. bristow

Colin

It is 2009 and it is an update to Acronis 11
    Not sure what you mean by "Has it ever shown that the SVB has been created?"

I have not moved any files, should I uninstall 2009 and do a clean install, but not sure if this is possible as this being an update, would I just be asked for old password from Acronis 11?

Paul

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

That would be an idea, though you 2009 may or may not recognise its tasks on re-install. You would need your serial number of TI 11 and 2009.

If you don't have TI 11's to hand, if you've registered your software, then it will be available to you from your account on the Acronis website.

Colin

5. bristow

Uninstalled and reinstalled appeared okay on a couple of cold boots, but turned on tonight and again it is telling me I have no backups, yes I do!

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul and Colin,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

This annoying notification is related to Acronis One-Click Protection tool. You should perform a backup operation by means of Acronis One-Click Protection to get rid of it, or you can just disregard the message.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. jim_f

jim_f Registered Member

My I make a suggestion. Please fix this. I too am a new Acronis customer running Acronis True Image Home 2009. Just installed 3 days ago from the "box". I have switched from Norton Ghost 12. I would like to see this kinds of things fixed with Acronis before I purchase more copies. Please respond that the developement staff will fix this type of error and not just tell me to ignore it.

8. Kendrick483

Kendrick483 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me if this error is being addressed or fixed

9. Allan Millar

Allan Millar Registered Member

Oleg Lee:

One reason I bought this is the automatic feature. If we're going to do this manually everytime we see that annoying message, then it defeats the purpose of an automatic system backup.

For now we can disregard this annoying message. By your reply below I am assuming backup was done but was not registered in the status window. In that case, I hope in case of crash, we can rely on what you referred as a status window problem only.

I do hope that this gets fixed soon. Thanks.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The issue will be resolved in near future, probably in next build of the program. You can receive Acronis' releases and special promotions information if you sign up at our web site

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.