Protection rules not working right

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mele20, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

ProcessGuard 3.15 just stopped Task Manager from terminating an application. I needed to shut it down so I could uninstall it. Task Manager had at the time, and ALWAYS has, the right to terminate any application. So, why did PG stop Task Manager? I had to allow Task Manager the right to terminate for this specific program even though Task Manager ALREADY had this right.

I just terminated an application earlier today using Task Manager and PG did not stop Task Manager for terminating the program so why did it stop Task Manager this time? PG doesn't act consistently. It has done this before and it is this inconsistency that finally irritates me enough to stop using it all together for awhile.

Attached Files:

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i have never seen that problem with PG 3.15 where those settings would randomly change.. i think that you must have removed the termination priviledge from task manager yourself, perhaps inadvertently..

before dumping PG, you could wait and see if you can confirm that there is a problem there..

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I checked and Task Manager had the right to terminate protected applications but PG stopped it from doing so in this instance. PG doesn't act consistently and never has on my computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.