protection questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Larrycleve, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larrycleve

Larrycleve Registered Member

I run nod32 and iobit security 360 with real time protection and do manual scans every 2 weeks on 3 computers. On the laptop I suddenly had a problem with IE8. When it started it said nod32 blocked a website that had a long url with garbage characters and the ip address 78.47.248.117.80 . Several pop up windows appeared that didn't go away. A manual scan of nod32 and security 360 in regular and safe mode found nothing. Malwarebytes in regular mode found 44 infections and 1 in safe mode. The IE problem continued as well as problems with firefox. Sophos found 114 problems which were fixed but the IE and firefox problems continued. I ran combofix which finally fixed it. I ran ccleaner afterward which also found and removed problems. The other computers are not showing symptoms. Can I assume they're OK or should I go through all this with them? Is the current protection plan adequate to prevent this in the future or should I do something else?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

scan other machines, just in case. you need to tighten further you settings as despite what you have some malware crept in. Assuming you have all the current system updates, disable scripting (java, java script and active x) for all sites except Trusted zone in your browser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.