Protection keeps disabling itself

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by valis1, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valis1

valis1 Registered Member

I'm running Spyware Blaster 3.2 and I have to keep re-enabling the protection list, which keeps un-ticking itself! Has anyone encountered this and what do you do about it?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I was searching Wilders and came across your post. I am using Spyblaster 3.2 with Firefox 1.0 on XP SP2 with the same problem.

Rich

3. Jalspach

Jalspach Guest

I too am using 3.2 for ie and firefox and am having this issue as well. I enable all protection, close SpywareBlaster and the next time I restart (right away or after a reboot it is the same) it everything is disabled.
    I have a feeling that it is because of Spybot S&D 's blocking but I can not confirm this.

James

4. shaun barker

shaun barker Registered Member

Sorry guy's I missed your thread before I put mine on earlier today, I'm having the same problem and thought it was a rogue entry on my register. I ran a report past "regprot"(regisrty protection software) people who say my register is fine but I'm still havng problems.
    I also run spyware doctor which is picking up some bad hijackers and even a system for monitoring keys and I think it's linked to our common problems.I
    will speak to some guy I know who's brilliant at this sort of thing but he's out of country for 3 week so anyone else know someone who can helpo_O :rolleyes:

5. mj1

mj1 Registered Member

I too have a problem with spyware blaster (v3.2) where about 4 items mysteriously keep on un ticking themselves. I have spybot s@d/adaware spy/ net spy protector/ lavasofts adaware/spyware doctor and a trail version of spysweeper.... basically teens guru.com/offshore clicks/xxxtoolbar/and ilookup.com keep on unchecking themselves on spywareblaster.. I am a bit of a computer novice I'm afraid so if any one can point me in the right direction, I'd be gratefull!!!. I am running windows xp with sp2... I have tried usual cws shredder but it doesn't pick anything up.The nearest I can find a reference to this is a trojan callled cws-A presumably i'ts a cool web search variento_O

6. shaun barker

Those are the same items that keep coming up on mine, together with3 keyloggers and zango search assistant and I have run spybot, spyware doctor, adware6 and trend micorsecurity and none of these pick the items us as a threat. :oops:

7. shaun barker

:D Guy's I have tried the shredder and it didn't pick up any problems, however, it does have a link to pages which describes our problem to a tee, however,I downloaded the latest version of Ad-Aware (SE personal edition) and it picked some register entries and files up, I have attached link to download page, try it and see if you get any joy
    Shaun
    http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.