Protection Disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by troothteller, Aug 6, 2021.

1. troothteller

troothteller Registered Member

Why should I keep Spywareblaster on my system if I cannot enable all protection? I have v6.0 on my Windows 7, 64-Bit which I have to keep running. My browsers are IE11, Firefox, SeaMonkey, Edge and Torch. Google Chrome I removed because it crashed my entire system too many times. Incidentally, I need to change my login, currently based on an old email address I no longer use. It looks to me that we have to keep our usernames. OK; but I am more concerned about how Spywareblaster handles security on my computer. Currently I cannot use my browsers on certain sites without the whole system crashing to where I have to powercycle all my equipment.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  2. troothteller

troothteller Registered Member

I waited too long for a response; so I am removing Spywareblaster.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Something's telling me SpywareBlaster is the least of your worries.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

So to respond to this point-by-point:

- SpywareBlaster does not cause system crashes, nor does it cause browser crashes. (In fact, the process does not stay running in the background. It's only "open" if you have it open to configure protection.) Something else is at play on your system in that respect.

- "I cannot enable all protection" - to troubleshoot this we'll need more details: is there a particular browser protection that is proving problematic? Have you tried going to that section, unchecking all the protection options, and then re-checking them?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.