Protection disabled on Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Barbwire47, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbwire47

Barbwire47 Registered Member

I have AVG free 8.0, SpyBot S & D 1.6.0 & Spyware Blaster 4.1 on Windows XP home edition. In the past 3 or 4 days every time I go & check spyware blaster it shows 1 item has protection disabled in restricted site. I am concerned that someone is attempting to get into my computer. This is happening on both the desk top & laptop. Help? I am very worried about this and would like to know what I should do. Thanks Barbwire47

2. borhes

borhes Registered Member

I have the same problem on my computer.

Restricted Site protection

CoolWebSearch (1630) 5starvideos.com

o_O

3. melboy

melboy Registered Member

Me too, exactly the same entry. I enabled all protection, looked again some time later and the same entry was unchecked. This time i checked it and clicked protect against checked items.
    I then opened Spybot S&D, clicked immunise (although i had already done this earlier after updating spybot) and the same entry is again unprotected.

Tried this a couple of times and it does appear to be opening the immunise pane on spybot that does it.

4. DougCuk

DougCuk Registered Member

Spybot official has just posted a response on their Forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=233556&postcount=2

The response from Spybot says:
    We have removed the domain (5starvidios.com) because it is dead.
    The domain is set to undo because it does not make any sense to block a dead domain.

Probably it will change it's owner and {may not be} bad anymore then. But we will check this then.

So Team Spybot are saying it is SpywareBlaster that is out of date and needs to remove the restricted sites entry for Coolwebsearch (1630) 5starvidios.com - this will restore compatibility.

5. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Thanks for posting this - I have been having same problem on my two home pc's. Glad it's just that type problem and not an infection. Appreciate the info.

6. DougCuk

DougCuk Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.