Protection disabled from 21 items in IE: doesn't enable

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ad/Subtract, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad/Subtract

Ad/Subtract Registered Member

I can't enable 21 items for protection in IE by checking the empty boxes. When I try to protect against checked items, the checks are removed, and the items remain unprotected (ActiveX for Adult Content Dialers, Trojans, MediaMotor, etc.). I'm running Symantec AV, Pest Patrol, Microsoft Antispyware Beta1, AdAware SE, Spybot S&D, WinPatrol, and ZoneAlarm. Any ideas?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since the MediaMotor entry is an ActiveX protection....what operating system are you using....and if it's of the NT family(2000\XP)....do you have Admin rights

3. Ad/Subtract

Ad/Subtract Registered Member

Bubba, thanks for your thoughts. The OS is WIN2000. I was logged in and running SB under limited user rights to increase browsing security, so that may have been the problem. At any rate, I logged in under Admin, uninstalled, then reinstalled SB and it's working fine now. If that was the problem, I should think some thought should be given to how limited users could update SB without admin privs. *puppy*

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome.
    More than likely it was
    It may be that Javacool has given that some thought....I personally have no clue....but in any case....if you have the time....perhaps you could add that as a suggestion if it's not already listed to the ongoing thread linked below.

This thread---> SpywareBlaster 3.x Suggestions / Wishlist

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.