Protection added against 683 new items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Page42, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I see that Javacool's SpywareBlaster update for today listed, "Protection added against 683 new items".

I'm pretty sure that my machines each showed "649 items added", for a total of 12066 items in the database.

I ran the updater a second time to re-check for extra items, but none were there.

Is the 683 figure correct?

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There were indeed 683 new items added to SpywareBlaster's database in the most recent update (2/14/09).

The number of "unprotected items" displayed can vary depending on the protection level of your system - i.e. if you or another program already added some of those sites to the Restricted Sites list (or the other categories/areas).

So no need to worry - the number that doesn't vary is the total number of items in the database, which is currently 12066. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

I also had only 649 "new" items... I'm assuming the difference was accounted for by (also) using SpyBot's Immunization.

4. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Ky - I use Spybot S&D's immunization but did receive SB's full 683 - I don't use S&D's HOSTS file, so maybe that's where the difference lies.

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Are you using the Spybot HOSTS file? I am.

6. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

Yes, i am using SpyBot's HOSTS file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.