Protect Process from Termination

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

If I wanted to configure SSM to protect important NOD32 processes from termination, which of the following processes should be protected from termination?

NOD32.EXE
    NOD32KUI.EXE
    NOD32KRN.EXE

I originally had all three set to Restart if Terminated, but that was a mistake. Every time I had an automated scan of my C drive set to run, it would restart it after it was completed, and as a result, was scanning ALL DAY. I want to simply protect the part of the app that scans programs when started, and email when received (real-time protection).

Your suggestions?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

NOD32KRN.EXE is teh nod32 service so protect it.

NOD32KUI.EXE is just the control panel and NOD32.EXE is teh ondemand scanner.

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks, WSFuser. I have set SSM to protect NOD32KRN from Termination, and to "Restart if Terminated".

I wonder if I should also protect it from Suspending, Remote Code Control, and Data Modification? I am concerned I might affect the normal operation of NOD32 if I select these also. o_O

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Why do you protect it ? NOD32KRN.exe is already protected by itself,it is running as a service in Windows and it can't be terminated.If somehow it is terminated it starts again immediately ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.