ProSecurity ver1.22 (HIPS software)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PSDeveloper, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I am very glad to hear you PS is working well for you.
    I personally love the bloody thing, if you could make love to software i think PS would be my one true love LMAO, but seriously i think i have tested quite a few HIPS programs and i always input my 2p worth to the developer, and the developer of PS has time and dedication, while others are going to work coming home and working on their software, PS developer is there programming untill he gets tired lol see this is why with PS , things "get done" and not put on one side. So i am very pleased for you and hope you continue to enjoy PS..

If you have any issues please dont hesitate to contact Jie (the developer) or myself for any questions/queries or comments and bug comments

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

have you tried the new PS yet ?
    i installed it on the vmware i use remotely to see what it is like , and i have to say its nicer than the previous one. However .. i can not wait for the very next build or two for the extra functions its lacking :D

4. BuckSnort_

BuckSnort_ Registered Member

This version is working very well. The few bugs I had with previous builds, all appear to have been fixed with nice feature improvement added!

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Some info:

6. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

Dear BuckSnort:
    I'm very glad PS works well on your system and protect system well for you.

If you found any problem of this version, please let me know.

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Genuine curiosity . . Apart from removing learn mode prematurely or other minor things, has many people experienced BSOD ? Also do you feel this new version has proved to be better ? it seems that there are feelings from a couple of individuals in other threads who seem to think that because someone says they got BSOD with PS that they will not use it. Even though we determined that they removed learn mode prematurely.

Because the developer will always jump on bugs and glitches like a rash to give YOU . . the people the best program that is possible.

Your thoughts ?

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

So they have sliently extended the offer! :eek: I also got a competitive upgrade price for SSM :D , but I have missed the discount for PS :'( .

9. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

perhaps the PS deveoper may have another offer soon ? i dont know

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I have already bought PS with the full price some time ago...:'(

11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

My spidie sense tells me there is going to be some ProSecurity news in the next day :D "Good news . . for good news lovers . ."

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The developer has indicated some time ago that he will change the licensing terms soon, and I suppose this maybe one of the news.

13. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

yes he did say that . . but Ugm ,. i hat to clear my throat then ;) i think there will also be something else also ! o_O

14. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

No I have not. Maybe I should but the piggy bank is empty so no point in getting tempted.

15. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

lol dont fret . . . . . test the new version you might be suprised . .

16. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

So far so with the new version 1.22, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will behave itself. I've turned off the windows auto reset so if it bsods again i'll be able to see the problem.

17. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I had a problem installing - had to uninstall - installl - uninstall and then reboot before all was well.

The driver seemed to not initialise properly until the last install - gave an error on the second reboot.

Seems to be fine now

18. PSDeveloper

Thank you very much for your testing!
    Please let me know is there any other security software installed on your system. And if the BSOD occured again, please send minidump file to support@proactive-hips.com, thanks!

19. PSDeveloper

Before installing v1.22, had you rebooted after uninstalling v1.21(or any earlier version)?

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I believe the driver issue may be fixed in a minor build release within hours i think. I had issue with the driver causing a BSOD upon uninstall, but not install, so from what developer told me hes fixed this issue and will release a minor build release to provide you with the bug free driver

21. PSDeveloper

ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]

ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]
    We provide free edition from this version, this free edition reduced some functions, but it will update in time with the full version. It will contain all the new bug fixes and performance updates the full paid version.

What's new? November 18, v1.22.1 (Paid/Free)
    ------------------------------------------------
    1. [Fix] A bug may cause BSOD after uninstalling.
    2. [Fix] Some small bugs of v1.22.

------------------------------------------------
    About ProSecurity
    ProSecurity is kernel-level security protection software. It protects processes, registry, physical/kernel memory. It also prevents trojans, keyloggers, rootkits and other malwares(malicious programs) from installing and damaging your system.

22. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Hmmmm . . i could have sworn that because this is a new version and a statement to make i just saw that last post on its own topic . . Now why would a moderator put a new topic about a new version and development in the old topic ? this can not be true . . . can it ?

There was no pm to the developer on here and nothing in an edit saying
    "moved because x y Z . ."

What is wrong now ?

23. PSDeveloper

I'm very puzzled too. Why was my topic moved in the old posts? It's a new version update, and it's the first time we provider a free edition. But after I post, immediately my new topic moved in the old posts. Any one can explain why?

24. PSDeveloper

Well nobody explained i presume it was an accident by a admin. i will restore my topic and if admin wants it moved he can move it and tell me why.

25. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, it was merged because there were simply too many new topics being started for this product for every 'minor' update being released. It was just becoming too much since these releases seem to be coming out every two weeks or so. This one was an even more minor update as it was only 1.22 to 1.22.1, so it seemed appropriate to merge them together.

Going forward we should probably keep the minor releases together in a single thread.

Since you reposted it in another thread, we'll leave that one as the ongoing ProSecurity thread, and change the title if needed:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=154769

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.