** ProSecurity -OPEN BETA RELEASED- **

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TECHWG, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i have been authorised to release 3 copies of a new HIPS in developement right now, also those three testers will get a free full licence when its released if they contribute any helpful feedback or bug reports as a thankyou .

Please be aware of the following:

This software is ALPHA in developement
    THis software should be considdered Buggy and unstable

PLEASE DO NOT install this on a working user system. Install this in a test pc or VMWARE OS. He would like some people to test it and maybe report on this forum about what you think of it sofar, AND what you think it will be like in the future.

There will almost certainly be a freeware mode with sufficiant user features and lots of features in the paid version.

Please PM me or email me at techwg (AT) yahoo.co.uk

2. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: NEW HIPS: Alpha testing by pm

:Bump:

:cool:

3. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

A little information about what it does? How it does it?

4. nights

nights Registered Member

screenshots?

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i will ask permission to put some pics on my website for you guys to see . . If i get the all clear.

BUT bearing in mind its still very buggy and everything is subject to change . . functions , GUI everything can and probably will change as it progresses.

In my own words , i would describe it as similar to other HIPs software such as ProcessGuard, Anti-Hook etc. it protects the system in a way normal "average" software can not. I am working with this guy to test and give suggestions for GUI, functions and etc. He will be adding other options as time goes by, but at this point its very featured as a HIPS, But it is early in development and as such has BUGS and the odd crashes have been known.

6. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Ok i have permission to show it to you, but instead of boaring screenshots . .
    I designed you all a quick flash animation to add to the geekiness of what this version will be like...

http://www.remove-trojan.com/ProSecurity/

Please let me know if there are any issues with the flash let me know and i will show you a web page i uploaded with my screenshots on it

This flash is USABLE . . click the left options to see them work.

7. herbalist

herbalist Guest

What operating systems are supported? What are the minimum system requirements?
    Rick

8. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

as far as i know i have not had any official requirements. But heres what i would say 2000 SP4 and XP sp1 and SP2 . . . nothing thats pre ntfs . .feel free to try it on other OS, but right now we are working on 2000 and XP pro
    i am not sure about XP home since i dont own or run it.

Also people if you could give me your "on screen first impression" of what you think of PS from the flash demo i did and if you could suggest any cosmetic changes or generally what you think about it from what you see . . that'd be great

Thanks

WG

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not really an application for the less-knowlegdeable user, like most HIPS. :)

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Yes . . Also for you scared people but would like to see it. I have a vmware online and port forward'd (complicated on my end to fix up!) but if you want to add me on my MSN, i will give you a web link to my VMWARE so you can see it in action and have a quick play with it to see what you think. Cant beat that - you dont even have to install it. (This is subject to me being available to watch the vmware while it is done.

my msn is ~msnme at passport.com~

Please tell me in here or a PM who you are before i go adding half of the internet . . :) Thanks

WG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2006
  11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Thankyou bubba, but its quite alright - that is only a passport light account.. it has no email caperbilities :) thankyou for your concern though. its purely msn only account.

12. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

graphically, it looks very professional. a plus. clean, and not too dark.

Does it use blacklists? whitelists?

Does it sandbox? Registry values it protects?

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

EMAIL sent: Any reply and/or attachments will be received at my Gmail addy provided.

Am highly a HIPS advocate for the end of malware completely!!!

EASTER

14. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

This new App appears like it comes from the makers of Anti-Trojan Elite and Anti-Keylogger Elite - http://www.remove-trojan.com/index.php

Anti-Trojan Elite is listed/mentioned in this thread - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=95242 - and there are a few other threads about it on here if you search for them.

I have no experience with either product. I think it's far too early to make any Real judgements on the new HIPS App ProSecurity. I believe it should fairly stand or fall on it's own merits ! And if everything checks out OK, i wish it and them all the best.

StevieO

15. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

please can you clarify about black and white lists ? maybe if we dont have it i can suggest it to the author. (The author does look at this thread)

I have had several requests to test, so i decided not to leave anyone out cold sofar. maybe i can have 1 or 2 more testers and thats it. !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2006
  16. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Does it offer any more than PG full? Oh wait I now see that it offers registry protection, so basically it´s a beefed up version of PG right? :)

17. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

So far, you could say that - but this is EARLY in developement. Lots of more features should pop up on the software. including some kind of network/internet protection (at least outbound) at some time soon perhaps.

18. Arup

Arup Guest

This is far more featured and comprehensive than PG,does much more than PG does,direct comparisons can't be made here,they are both different in their own sense.

19. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

and it should have good features for freeware mode when its released. Paid version will have so much more.

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I want to re-itterate, that i have a VMWARE that you can access with a web browser with no risk to you if you want to have a look at it and have a few minutes using it to see what it can do. I am on MSN messenger on the following ID

msnme (AT) passport.com

Please let me know who you are before you add me

21. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

If all goes well, we will have an open beta sometime soon (guestimation is about 3 weeks or less) Very rough guess.

Latest addition being worked on is outbound network protection and i think we will be seeing a fully featured firewall builtin to this app before were done !

Watch this space for more updates.

You can email me at techwg (AT) yahoo.co.uk for more information

:cool:

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks for the note of the new update in the making. Will be watching this with much interest. ALL THE BEST FOR A GOOD RUN!!

23. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Well, the only comment I have is that its UI could be better looking.

24. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

At the moment this is a Closed alpha/beta . . . First we have to make sure that the engine, wireing and construction is capable of getting from A to B, then we can think about grinding the edges and slapping on a coat of paint or so. Once the workings are working right, then it the time to trim the GUI up. I will keep you guys notified when and where i can on this forum

25. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

We have our forum now setup, So if anyone that has an interest or has bug reports etc please goto http://www.proactive-hips.com/forum and sign up for a free account and please let us know on there rather than emailing. If you make a post in the bugs section then we all can make things better and not report the same bugs 100's of times.

I will continue to post updates here for the interest of anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.