prosecurity not protecting my registry it seems

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by markymoo, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I trying out prosecurity. I already have kaspersky av and all proactive enabled but i disabled it so prosecurity does it instead. To test it i created a key and value in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run manually and prosecurity didn't even alert me it had been created. It was set to registry protect in the options and this registry location was listed with a * and set on ask. Previously kaspersky proactive alerted me when a key had been created. Maybe it only works when it gets created by a program by api etc not manually. I didn't change any of the option all on default and i turned off learning mode and rebooted. I'm perplexed why it wont alert me and so disappointed. I go back to kaspersky if it can't do this.

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

WoW! Even old freeware regprot would alert to any registry KEY being added at the run line mentioned.

4. markymoo

Ok i created 3 startup programs in HKLM/Run from within your startup program and prosecurity did nothing. Balloon alerts are turned on and it running normally. All is running well it says. I hear such good protection from prosecurity. Theres a ton of startup locations listed including that one in the options enabled. Thanks for the startup program but i think that any startup program software that don't list activex installed components as crap because this is a hidden startup trojans can come from. A good one is Autostart Viewer by diamondcs.

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

If you want to block the creation of subkeys (and values therein), you need to modify your "Run" rule(s):

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run*\*\

I do not believe that a value within a "Run" subkey is a valid Windows autostart trigger.

Nick

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. zhanwest

zhanwest Registered Member

markymoo,
    Is it the paid edition?
    The free edition will not protect registry

7. markymoo

Its will be setup on default to protect that location surely.

I have the demo edition. This would explain why it don't work...

I just discovered Returnil and Baseline Shield. Wow

Thanks All.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  8. markymoo

yes the free one man band programs like regprot and drive snapshot do it better. less red tape to get it done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.