Prosecurity free v. paid?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hello. I saw that there is a paid and free download available for Prosecurity. Also, a list of features is available for the paid program which include:
    I. Process Guarding / Control
    II. Registry Guard
    III. Global Hook Rules
    IV. Global Library Rules
    V. Other Features Supported

What features are disabled in the free version? Which tests has the Registry Guard passed? I am especially interested if the Reg Guard passed the Ghost Security RegTest.

Also, has anyone switched between SSM, Prosecurity and DSA? I'd be interested in which programs they like the best and why.

Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thanks. After looking at that I think I'll stick with DSA for now.

4. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Freeware still gives nice protection much much better than PG of which there are still fans of. ssm is not bad, but not my choice

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i installed it to have a look, its a little confusing and i dont know exactly know what it is supposed to do ?? I dont see a learning mode disable only a time limit of X days. when i run an exe it does nothing and lets the exe run. i would say PS free maybe better, i have not looked totally into this DSA but from what i have actually "seen" i dont know how good it is. SSM free and Prosecurity free are my favorites from all the HIPS softwares

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Using the paid version I tried the G Reg test. Test 1 all blocked. test 2 machine rebooted and I got no message - which I interpret as it passed.
    I started with version 1.24 and each version has been better than the last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.