ProSecurity configuration

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I installed PS, I configure it for dont allow to execute an application (unchekin boxes) but if i execute the aplication it run well. Why??

Sorry for my english

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Re: PS configuration

do you still have it running in learning or installing mode ?

3. guest

guest Guest

For block I must Uncheck the 2 boxes??

I was reading in the help the difference between Intall mode and learning mode, but I can untherstand it, can you explain me the difference?.

Thanks

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

block = unchecked
    ask = checked and grey
    allow = checked and white

Learning mode is when you allow everything to run without question and the program learns/ makes rules.

Not sure but my guess is that if you unchecked a box and ran learning it would still allow the program to run.

Install mode is simply for the installation of new programs. why both learning and install are needed I don't know.

But if you want to block a program I would imagine that both learning and installing would have to be unchecked ?

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Please look at the manual book and it will tell you that you should after installing ProSecurity, you must use your pc for a while and do at least 1 reboot and user switching if you have multipul accounts. This makes your rules know what your windows works like.Oh god i just woke up sorry if my spelling sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.