ProSecurity configuration

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lordraiden, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordraiden

lordraiden Registered Member

I installed PS, I configure it for dont allow to execute an application (unchekin boxes) but if i execute the aplication it run well. Why??

Sorry for my english

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Re: PS configuration

do you still have it running in learning or installing mode ?

3. lordraiden

lordraiden Registered Member

For block I must Uncheck the 2 boxes??

I was reading in the help the difference between Intall mode and learning mode, but I can untherstand it, can you explain me the difference?.

Thanks

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

block = unchecked
    ask = checked and grey
    allow = checked and white

Learning mode is when you allow everything to run without question and the program learns/ makes rules.

Not sure but my guess is that if you unchecked a box and ran learning it would still allow the program to run.

Install mode is simply for the installation of new programs. why both learning and install are needed I don't know.

But if you want to block a program I would imagine that both learning and installing would have to be unchecked ?

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Please look at the manual book and it will tell you that you should after installing ProSecurity, you must use your pc for a while and do at least 1 reboot and user switching if you have multipul accounts. This makes your rules know what your windows works like.Oh god i just woke up sorry if my spelling sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.