"Proper" useage of ATI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PaulB2005, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

"Proper" useage of TI8

When creating an image should i close all programs down? Disconnect my internet (Cable broadband)? Disable Anti Virus?

What if something happens that changes a file mid-way through? TI takes 10 minutes on my PC - what if something changes part way?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

True Image is imune to such changes.

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

If you want to be paranoid, like me, run TI from the TI bootdisk or F11 during bootup. either way windows isn't going anywhere.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. PaulB2005

Thanks

Clever stuff.....

So if i start an image at 10:00 and it takes 10 minutes to run. At 10:05 i edit a Word document (whilst the image is being created) the image will contain the edited document when it finishes at 10:10? In fact it contains an image of the disk as it IS at 10:10 and not how it WAS at 10:00??

6. IanC

IanC Guest

I would read the article such that you would get the unedited document as it was at 10:00.

I may be wrong...

7. PaulB2005

Key bits i saw are

and

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PaulB2005,

When starting image creation, Acronis True Image creates a snapshot of all the sectors taken by data. Once the snapshot is completed, the product automatically starts imaging the disk or partition. It allows users to continue using applications during image creation. Acronis True Image will not put into the image any modifications or changes made after the image creation process has started.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

9. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hi Paul - I understand your confusion. I think those words are in-accurate. A little bit earlier in the article is says:
    In your example, TI locks the drive/partition at 10:00, and quickly jots down the number of all the sectors it needs to image. 10 secs later, the partition is unlocked, and TI starts the image process. When you save your new bestseller, TI is made aware of the sectors that is about to be changed, briefly stops Word, copies the not-yet-imaged sectors to memory, and allows Word to continue to save the updated doc. When TI finally comes around to image the now-changed sectors, it reads them from memory, ignoring the changes made by Word.

Keine hexerei, nur behändigkeit.

10. PaulB2005

Got it. Thanks to everyone.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.