Proper upgrade procedure

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pegas, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi folks,
    So far using the ESS 3.0.684 without a reason to complain. However deeply interested in the new features of ESS v4 so I am about to upgrade. I read the v4 manual (czech) but only instructions for the clean installation are described there, no mention about upgrading. Therefore I would like to know how to do it. Should I install v4 over v3 or uninstall v3 (including cleaning remnants files and folders) at first? Many advices have been posted here about this issue but I would like to hear an official statement from ESET members.
    Thx and regards,
    pegas

PS: Vista Business SP1

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can install ESET Smart Security v4 over an existing installation of ESET Smart Security v3, however, I would recommend uninstalling v3 and doing a clean installation of v4 so that you get all the options set to their default values.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Agoretsky:

After you have done a clean install, is it OK to import the configuration file from v 3.0 into 4.0?

Thanks

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can try it, but it is not something I have actively tested. I would recommend exporting a new V4 configuration afterwards, though, for diffing the two "identical" configuration files.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.