Proper upgrade procedure

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pegas, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi folks,
    So far using the ESS 3.0.684 without a reason to complain. However deeply interested in the new features of ESS v4 so I am about to upgrade. I read the v4 manual (czech) but only instructions for the clean installation are described there, no mention about upgrading. Therefore I would like to know how to do it. Should I install v4 over v3 or uninstall v3 (including cleaning remnants files and folders) at first? Many advices have been posted here about this issue but I would like to hear an official statement from ESET members.
    Thx and regards,
    pegas

PS: Vista Business SP1

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can install ESET Smart Security v4 over an existing installation of ESET Smart Security v3, however, I would recommend uninstalling v3 and doing a clean installation of v4 so that you get all the options set to their default values.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Agoretsky:

After you have done a clean install, is it OK to import the configuration file from v 3.0 into 4.0?

Thanks

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can try it, but it is not something I have actively tested. I would recommend exporting a new V4 configuration afterwards, though, for diffing the two "identical" configuration files.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.