Prompt for Action when a Threat is found during a scan?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sammyc53, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyc53

sammyc53 Registered Member

How to I disable this? The prompt puts the scan on hold... I also don't won't my users to have the option to Remove/Clean/Ignore, etc...

How can I set some defaults here? I can't find the options anyway...

NOD32 3.0 Business with Remote Administrator...

Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The program prompts you when it's difficult to decide whether a particular threat can be safely eliminated. For instance, system files that are infected with a virus or files detected by heuristics.

3. sammyc53

But Marcos, this happens on any type of file. Even low risk / unwanted stuff. Can't I just configure Eset to quarantine it, and I will decide about it later? Instead of suspending the sceduled scan for sometimes hours before human interaction?

My users are not educated enough to make these decisions.

What if this was a server and a user 'never' logs onto the system? Would the scan then just hang forever??!?!

And that reminds me, why doesn't the admin get notified if there is a file in question? I get all the other admin reports, alerts, etc...

This is the last question I have before I deploy the product to production.

4. Avatar2000

5. sammyc53

6. sammyc53

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE! Even after setting all my scanners to 'Strict Cleaning'

I just got a call from a user that he had a prompt on his computer when he got back from lunch, and the prompt was from a scheduled scan that found a Threat.

The threat is:
    Nero-7.5.9.0A_eng.exe » RAR » Toolbar.exe - Win32/Toolbar.AskSBar application

Esentially, eSet detected an Installer for a toolbar in the Nero install program. The toolbar hasn't even been installed on the machine.

WHY IS MY USER GETTING PROMPTED ABOUT THIS?!?!?! I wish NOD32 would just remove the file, clean, or quarantine, and MOVE ON!!!!!!! Something, even ignore it, I don't care! Especially for a measly toolbar... Just don't leave the decision to the end user! This is a centrally managed program for a reason...

Why is this so hard to do??!?!!?!!?

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Can't you select 'scan without cleaning' in the custom scan section?

8. sammyc53

Well, I'm not referring to Custom Scans. I am referring to Scheduled Scans, more specifically, the Deep Scan profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.