Promise RAID support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lolix, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolix

lolix Registered Member

Hi,

When using True Image with a TX2300 Promise Raid card, it shows 2 drives instead of one (RAID set created).
    Efffectively backuping or restoring from and to only one disk of teh RAID set.
    How is that possible ?
    Is their a turnarround to target the RAID set instead of the individual disk ?

Note that when using it with a Intel ICH10 RAID chip (build-in some motherboards), it 's OK.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lolix,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Products

Can you please clarify the exact title of the program and the build number? First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products. Create new Acronis bootable disc and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists as workaround you can use BartPE bootable disc. If some drivers are not recognized by Acronis True Image Home 2009 you may use BartPE bootable disc. It is possible to add any storage drivers at startup in the same manner as when installing Windows on the hard drive (by pressing F6 and inserting diskette with drivers).

To create BartPE bootable disc with the Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from the following link

Check the following Kb article for more information concerning BartPE.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. lolix

lolix Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

I'm using Acronis True Image Home 2009.

I'll try the latest build and let you know if it's OK.

Note that the reason I'm using Acronis instead of bartPE or WindowsPE (along with ImageX) is because xxxPE is painfully slow to boot.
    For "basic" tasks of I really miss the good old Powerquest tools. Boot in couple of seconds, manage partitions in another couple of seconds and voila. I can re-image 2 PCs while WindowsPE is still booting...
    Please carry on the good Acronis way and the reasonably fast boot.

Best regards

4. lolix

lolix Registered Member

Hi,
    I've downloaded the latest built and no luck. My RAID 1 set appears splited in two disks . I'm flabbergasted.

Some clues for You :

It's OK using Disk Director 10.0. The RAID set is correctly depicted as a single disk and operations such as creating and formating a new partition are correctly done on both disks.
    If I remove one mirrored disk before booting, DiskDirector reports a message on the screen "ftsata21 - warning - array critical" (just like the card BIOS).

While TrueImage always reports a message on screen "No RAID disk".

Please inform me when this issue is solved.

regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lolix,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The driver does not work with customized Linux kernel, which is used in Acronis products. This is applies to all Promise FastTrak controllers that have Vendor ID 0x105a

To be sure that the issue is caused by one of the Promise FastTrak controllers, please do the following:

1. Get your Windows System Information File;
    2. Check there the Vendor ID under SCSI:

Vendor ID 0x105a

To resolve the issue please please log in to your account, go to the Registered products section -> Bootable media. Download the file to create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media based on Linux kernel 2.6.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here .

Create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.