Programs to use in Science Fair Project

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by garageboy101, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garageboy101

garageboy101 Registered Member

Hey Wilders, I've been a lurker for a while on this site and today I need some help. For our local Science Fair Project (9th Grade Junior Division), I wanted to do something on computers. My first idea was measuring different speeds at cracking encrypted passwords. But I don't know if this was such a good idea. My second idea was fixing a computer from being infected. I have a problem at keeping spyware and viruses on a computer the same. Does anyone know where I can get a list of viruses from websites so that I can test it in a Viritual PC? Or does anyone have another other good ideas for a science project?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    How about an introduction to Linux? I believe not many of your pals have heard it or are using it. It would be a nice twist.
    Mrk

3. hossie

hossie Registered Member

hi,

You can also try something from www.sf.net
    There u ll find number of projects and it will help you to get a better idea.

Enjoy.......

4. garageboy101

garageboy101 Registered Member

Hey guys,

I was thinking about the linux thing, but really this science project is more of, Do you think something is better than something then conduct a experiment and see why... So its more like conduct experiment with numbers instead of doing a presentation... Still it would've been nice to show how Ubuntu and stuff are better than certain os'es =)

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

If you want to go one with the project "desinfecting computers" from virus, trojans, etc., here a hugh collection.
    url to malware collection snipped - Blue

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

Posts to sites containing malware are not allowed. In the context of the current thread, please use both discretion and PM to relay material of that nature. Thanks.

Blue

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well, I still need an "as-comparatives" to choose good AntiSpyware scanners. I hope you have time enough to collect a huge number of spywares. You can include adwares, but those are just annoying instead of dangerous. (No tracking cookies or MRU-lists please).

(I have already av-comparatives to choose good AntiVirus scanners).

8. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

How about set a world record? Get a rootkit infection from the most dangerous malware out there and try to cure it afap. :D:eek:

Do it Mark Russinovich style LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.