Programs Hard to install on Win. 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

On my system I have an SSD,so I have (Windows Restore) turned off. When I download a program and try to install it ,it says creating a Restore Point and sits there for a while. A log while. I have found that I can go into Safe Mode and install things with no problem,fast. Even after it is satisfied with the restore point and says it is installing, it will just sit there and drag on. What can I do to get things to install without Safe Mode?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Any program? What security software is in place, in case it is interfering

3. WilliamP

Most any program I try to install does this. The only thing running real time is Avira. I have tried shutting off the real time protection. Didn't help.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It probably has to do with you turning System Restore off. Programs you install probably don't know it's off and so they sit there waiting for Sys Restore to signal it's done, in vain. I would bet if you turn it back on, the issue disappears...

5. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I've always turned off System Restore and I've never had this problem. I have seen the "creating a restore point" message before, but I don't remember from what application - maybe Windows Update? In any case, it hasn't hung like that.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

any more clues in event viewer, errors or warnings?

7. WilliamP

I am not sure but I believe the programs I have problems with are 32 bit. Last night I installed Image for Windows and had no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.