Programs able to run other apps in it --important

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by massdestruction, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. massdestruction

massdestruction Registered Member

Well, I have an downloaded client based game that is an application on my computer.. Can only run 1 client per computer but your allowed to as many computers you want.. anyways

I can get 2 clients running.. One plain and one through sandboxie. Is there any other programs that I can run the client through like sandboxie? I'm using 32 bit vista and dialup so do not want anything over 1mb download..

Just a program that I can run other program throguh (like right click > run sandboxed) etc.. thanks

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

MojoPac? Runs from USB ...
    Mrk

3. massdestruction

I mean a small program you can download that i can open a program in.. or bypass the IP limit on a game

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Why not create multiple sandboxes and then start the program in each sandbox seperately?

Sul.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Well, that's up to the program.
    A program can restrict how many instances can be run concurrently.
    I doubt that you can do anything about that.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

So you are asking for help to cheat??

7. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Another one being told Sandboxie is "illegal"??:ninja:

8. Peter2150

Poorly phrased, but what I think they are saying is by there terms of service(TOS), it is illegal to use Sandboxie with their program/game.

Given the nature of the OP's desire to not follow their rules, I guess it becomes understandable.

Pete

9. massdestruction

I already do it and so does 50% of the comunity.. and sandboxie doesn't work with multiple clients. Can somebody just actually send me a link the a program where I can run other programs under? thanks

10. Peter2150

I suspect the reason no one has a link is there is no such program under 1mb. I think Sandboxie may well be the smallest.

11. Howard Kaikow

if the license limits to 1 per computer, but does not restrict the number of computers, it is higly likely that is due to the design of the program, and running more than 1 copy in the same OS will likely lead to problems.

And, if the prog is properly designed, it will detect any attempt to run more than 1 and prevent that form happening.

12. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Hmm. I wonder if that is the case, how would it detect more than one instance of itself running in Sandboxie? For that matter, how would it be able to detect a process running in a vmWare box? Is that possible with vmWare?

Sul.

13. Peter2150

It would see it as a process running on the system. Even with Sandboxie, that still happens.

14. Howard Kaikow

Any prog can ennumerate ALL the processes running on a system, but that is not even necessary, at least with Visual Basic.

For example, PagefileUsageMonitor detects that it is running and prevents a 2nd instance from running.

Why?
    Because it makes no sense to run two versions of that program concurrently.

15. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Oh. When SB puts the hash marks on the titlebar I suppose it still is the same process name. Duh. I don't see how it could detect something in vm though. Maybe with a processlist get on a remote machine or something. Never thought I would want to know if that could be done, but I guess I do want to know.

Sul.

16. Howard Kaikow

Well, i've never used VM, but is a VM a process running in the current OS?

If so, one can find all subprocesses.

Easiest way to find out is to contact the authors of the game.

17. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

I guess gamers are using Sandboxie to run cheats and not lose their account?

I was reading somewhere else about how Sandboxie has become popular with a particular game, enabling them to run multiple instances at the same time.

18. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I can't imagine what game you could use. Maybe checkers? I did not think games would run well at all in SB.

Sul.

19. Peter2150

You are right, that is what this is all about. Cheating.

Pete

20. Peter2150

Actually all that shows up on the host is the one VM process that runs the machines, no subprocesses. They apparently are internal to the machine software.

21. massdestruction

Ok, can somebody PLEASE just send me a link of a program? This game isnt big but many people spend over 30,000 for regimental gear.. I am in the top 50 players, been for 3 years. I'm not cheating, but so many people have 3-4 comps and just slaughter everybody.. I have 2 and am pretty good but also want to run a newb character to level up. I already cleared it with the game admin, they don't care if you run clients sandboxed 'just don't spread it, and we'll be fine'

The games been hacked one.. for about 100$ worth of platinum. He got banned in less then 3 minutes.. this game is unhackable, but can somebody just gimme a link to a program that CAN RUN OTHER PROGRAMS THROUGH? it doesnt need to hide the application.. cus I run 2 darkswords.exe through sandboxie but it doesnt change app stuff

22. Peter2150

You aren't getting it. First of all I don't think there is a program, and 2ndly, the older, wiser folks here at Wilders recognize whether you call it cheating or not, you are indeed violating the games rules, and the probably aren't to inclined to help you.

You might have better luck elsewhere.

23. Howard Kaikow

To repeat:

Time to unsubscribe from this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.