Program Update Question/Concern

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by firzen771, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

So i know that i need to manually download and install new version like the 4.2.40 one that was released, but during the install u have the option of using current settings, yet once i installed, it changed some of my settings and left others the same,

for instance it disabled itself from automatically enabling the realtime file system shield for some reason, but i assume that wuld be a pretty essential part to not change and also it re-enabled scanning of POP3 after i had it disabled previously.

can anyone tell me (preferably an ESET mod) why the ESET NOD32 installer does not respect my settings and alters them?

EDIT: also wen i installed the new version, NOD32 didnt remember my login details for updating, doe installing over my current installation not have the ability to save my login details?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. firzen771

ESET mods seem to be MIA i guess...:cautious:

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

The Mods are coming soon I heard :rolleyes:

It's weekend still, but usually some mods are active in the weekends as well.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Automatic real-time protection startup as well as disabled POP3/HTTP checking and update server, username and password were preserved on my computer after installing v. 4.2.40 over 4.0.468.

5. firzen771

hmm thats strange then, cuz wen i installed over the version i had, it disabled the realtime file system shield and re-enabled POP3 scanning :doubt: ill wait and see next time thers a new version if it still does the same thing then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.