Program Update Question/Concern

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by firzen771, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

So i know that i need to manually download and install new version like the 4.2.40 one that was released, but during the install u have the option of using current settings, yet once i installed, it changed some of my settings and left others the same,

for instance it disabled itself from automatically enabling the realtime file system shield for some reason, but i assume that wuld be a pretty essential part to not change and also it re-enabled scanning of POP3 after i had it disabled previously.

can anyone tell me (preferably an ESET mod) why the ESET NOD32 installer does not respect my settings and alters them?

EDIT: also wen i installed the new version, NOD32 didnt remember my login details for updating, doe installing over my current installation not have the ability to save my login details?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  2. firzen771

ESET mods seem to be MIA i guess...:cautious:

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

The Mods are coming soon I heard :rolleyes:

It's weekend still, but usually some mods are active in the weekends as well.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Automatic real-time protection startup as well as disabled POP3/HTTP checking and update server, username and password were preserved on my computer after installing v. 4.2.40 over 4.0.468.

5. firzen771

hmm thats strange then, cuz wen i installed over the version i had, it disabled the realtime file system shield and re-enabled POP3 scanning :doubt: ill wait and see next time thers a new version if it still does the same thing then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.