Program Protector

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LoneWolf, Dec 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Does anyone know of a program that can protect other programs from termination? Something that you can add what programs you want.Lets you know if they stoped and or restarts them for you.Would be nice to know that if your firewall/av/at/or other security programs shut down for whatever reason that they would restart immeditly and not be off untill they are noticed.

2. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

looking back at your post history I see your at least somewhat aware of what a HIPS is, protecting applications from termination is pretty much a classic definition of their primary role.

as far as restarting an application....
    Sustain

but when malware attacks these days, its considered clumsy and old school to just terminate a security ap (which gets detected) far better to subvert it

maybe you should read this
    http://www.commontology.de/andreas/win_secure_pg3.html
    since PG was a first gen HIPS

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All,

Travellinman - System Safety Monitor, App Defend, Process Guard* come to mind, for process protection. I've used both PG & SSM, currently using SSM.

Ice_Czar - are these apps obsolete, or old fashioned now?

*DiamondCS makers of PG may have some internal disarray, causing some customer dis-satisfaction!

Merry Christmas
    Rico

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Re Process Guard, you might note the DCS forums have been removed. See announcements. Problem was total lack of support. If you don't already own it, I thnk I'd remove it from the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.