Program other than Webroot that removes registry entries for the files I manually delete?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by conceptualclarity, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

I had a six-month trial of Webroot, and one of Webroot's many good features was having a function for doing just that. It has a function that says "You can remove files using Secureanywhere and automatically remove associated registry entries."(See screenshot.)

I had a hard drive fail on me, and I'm determined not to let this one get overcrowded on me. So I destroy lots of files that can't be removed with Revo Uninstaller when I decide I have no use for them, especially setup files.

Maybe I already have a program that will let me get rid of the registry entries corresponding to folders and files I delete, and I just don't know it. I just found out I can selectively delete System Restore points with CCleaner. :D

Operating System
    Windows XP Home Edition 32-bit SP3
    CPU
    Intel Pentium 4
    Northwood 0.13um Technology
    RAM
    2.00 GB DDR @ 166MHz (2.5-3-3-7)
    Motherboard
    Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 (Microprocessor)
    Graphics
    Default Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
    Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (Dell)
    Storage
    74.5 GB Seagate ST380011A (ATA)
    Free 40.53 GB
    3.67 GB Lexar USB Flash DriveUSB Device (USB)
    119.22 GB PNY USB 2.0 FD USB Device (USB)
    Optical Drives
    SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S
    Audio
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
    Anti-Virus
    Roboscan free

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I've yet to find a program that deals well with registry entries. CCleaner will tell you it removed old entries, but a quick peek in regedit shows nope, some are still there. Surprisingly enough, even PrivaZer is bad at it. If there are entries I really want gone, I almost always have to do it myself.

3. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

This is why task specific application removers are gaining popularity. Otherwise a utility similar to "regshot" is required to find all the registry changes.
    As far as so called "registry cleaners" go - let's not go there.

4. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

Thank you gentlemen.

Do you utilize Regshot, 1PW? Is it Linux-only?

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

regseeker is the champ! Say you remove clarityCleaner. Open rs and enter clarityCeaner then hit Search. Look at them and make sure they include cC, check>delete. Occasionally, I find an entry or to that dowsn't include the name or is part of a similar name. I don't remove them. It will make a backup copy for you too.
    One of the programs I missed when I built this x64 W7 SP1 PC was it and woa and behold, although out of development for several years, more than a year ago the developer came out with a x64 version. It is lightneing fast. I've had it find 50+ (yes, some programs will amaze you with the amount of registry they hook) entries in about 30 seconds.
    link! lol, while looking for the link I discovered I'm a few versions back!
    I just read where it is installing a toolbar too. I may just stick with the version I have. Cnet had it listed so maybe from there it won't have the toolbar.
    MajorGeeks has it too.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

IObit Uninstaller does this. Even in Safe Mode. Just uninstalled EAM & OA this way yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.