program modules update killed mysql?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by terradon, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terradon

terradon Registered Member

Using ESS 3.00.684.0. I'm showing 2 program module updates since I last started mysql. Now I instantly get a windows error message that the program is closing when I try to start it.

I've tried setting the firewall to interactive, but no dialog opens and I get the windows error before I would normally expect to see a dialog open.

Does anyone else use XAMP and have you seen this recently?

Don

2. earthdragon72

earthdragon72 Registered Member

I just had the same problem it says that my firewall is turned off after I updated it this morning after I reformatted my pc this morning.

3. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

This has happened to me as well. I'm used to the AV being turned off when I start my PC (annoying but i've come to live with it) the firewall being turned off is a new one. Wondering what it'll do next.

4. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled XAMPP and all is well again. It may have just been a coincidence that mysql was corrupted in the same time frame as the ESS program module updates. At least I can get back to working on integrating a new shopping cart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.