Program module updated message

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Doodler, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Hi folks.

I'm still running Nod32 AV version 3.0.621.0. I'll wait a little while before considering upgrading to version 4.

Usually, the update messages Nod32 generates (I'm talking about the 10 or 15 second message window that appears in the lower right-hand corner of the screen) pertains to virus signature updates. But, the past few days, I've noticed my Nod32 generating quite a number of "Program Module updated" messages in that window. What does that mean?

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

3. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Thanks elapsed. I'm a curious fella...so hopefully you don't mind my asking:

1) What do the Program Module Update messages mean?

2) If they settle down, is there any harm not uninstalling/reinstalling? (In other words, is my security compromised if I do nothing for now?)

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

1) It is the individual ESET applications. e.g. Anti-Virus scanner, Anti-virus cleaner, anti-stealth detector and such

2) I'm not sure it will calm down, there was a bug when the update servers were having maintenance for v4 and some people downloaded a bad update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.