Program hang before image creation...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by warble, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warble

warble Registered Member

Hey all,

A wonderful new problem has now cropped up with my copy of TrueImage 7 build 634.

Open program > Select Create Image > Wizard pops up. I then click Next and select my C: partition (which holds the OS). The I click Next again. Where the directory trees are suppose to be, I see nothing - no drive, no directories. If I proceed from there, the program hangs and it hangs every single time. I've re-booted and attempted again to no avail. I just recently did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro and installed SP2. Before I installed SP2, I created a backup image on the OS. Then I proceeded to install SP2. Even after the SP2 install, I was able to create one more backup image. Now weeks later, the program does not want to funtion properly.

I have two 120 gig drives in the computer. First one has 10 partitions (OS only partition, application partitions, data only partitions, temp file partition, page file partition, etc.) The second drive has 2 partitions. I also have a hard drive in an enclosure which is attached via USB (2.0) that I am using for backups. This is the drive I created the Acronis images on. I've attempted to start TrueImage with this drive turned both on, and off, same program hang.

I haven't installed any new deviced lately, and have only installed one additional update from the Windows Update site post SP2. I have also uninstalled TrueImage and re-installed it - Rebooted - Same results - Program hang!

I'm really not interested in upgrading to TrueImage 8 - I haven't used version 7 that much yet and I expect it to work as it has before.

Any ideas would be helpful. I thought I'd try here as the last time I emailed support about a year or so ago (for problem with True Image 6), it took about two-weeks for a response.

Also: I tried using the System Report software as I wanted to create a report in case I choose to contact support. That program hangs too! Same thing - where the directories should be showing up - nothing.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  2. warble

warble Registered Member

Well, I contacted support. We'll see what happens. Doesn't sound like an easy solution problem though! I will not pay to upgrade to version 8, and will not be re-installing my OS again.

3. .ralf.

.ralf. Guest

Display of Directory Tree very slow

I wonder if there was a solution to your problem as I have the same.

I'm on the way to install/run ATI 8.0.771 on all machines in my office and ATI works as expected. Except...

One PC is givin me the above mentioned trouble (PCs have varying configurations). Actually ATI does not "hang", it just takes approx 2 - 5 minutes to update the directory tree. After that everything runs fine as far as I can see (backup, verify, etc). But if I don't wait with clicking "next" until the display updates (and the mouse stopps showing the hour-glass), ATI stops responding and has to be shutdown with task-manager.

And another finding on that particular machine: when I shutdown XP, it says "cannot shutdown TrueImageMonitor..."!

What the hell can make ATI responding so slow?

- WinXP SP2
    - ATI 8.0.771
    - 1x IDE HD with 3 partitions (SecureZone, System, UserData)
    - 1x ATAPI CD-ROM
    - standard (?) network card (sorry, I'm not a "pro")
    - Matrox G440 dual head
    - AntiVirus software running, but as far as I can tell, this doesn't interfere with ATI

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

It's worth a try. Check out this thread and download/merg the schedhlp.reg file via the link provided by Acronis Support.

Watch out for the gotcha posted by HenkelD if using the German version of True Image.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.