program freezes

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by capt601, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt601

capt601 Registered Member

I just downloaded ewido. the first time it ran and at the end it froze. So I restarted, uninstalled, installed it again. Now when I start the program, the main screen comes up, and all I hear is my hard drive spinning. the program does nothing. in the task manager it just says that it is "not responding." I have tried reinstalling, safe mode, and it still does the same thing.
    Other problems - Icannot uninstall and install norton products, and microsoft word does not start up.

any thoughts?

thanks for the help

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

If you uninstall the ewido software with the uninstall.exe in the installation folder of the ewido software (don´t forget to restart Windows), can you now un/reinstall other software?

3. capt601

yes i can install other software. I was just able to get teh ewido online scanner to work, but am not sure if that is as thorough as the dowloaded program?

thanks

4. mrisis

mrisis Registered Member

wow, thats weird, I'm running winxp sp2 fully patched, with symantec antivirus running & have no problems with ewido, of course I do not have real time protection running on exido.
    I just noticed a post on another thread, might this be you're problem.

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  5. capt601

I was able to download and run the beta version of ewido. it didn;t not seem to find anything. basically just temp folder files. the strange thing was that it could not remove all of them. Is that normal?
    I am also not able to uninstall and reinstall norton.
    any other ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.