Profiles suck

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bsilva, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

No matter what I do, I cannot get NOD32 to use the right profile when scanning from a scheduled task.

I'm using Remote admin. Has anyone else run into this problem?

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi bsilva:

I have no problems running a profile. Additional information would be helpful. Is the scheduled task one that is used in the "System Tools" from the Mirror, or one that is generated from the Console?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  3. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I have it set to use My Profile.... IF you look at the log file it says that it uses the right profile, but doesn't use any of my settings. Like delete the infected file.

4. rumpstah

If you are trying to use a scheduled task to "clean/delete" etc., this can only be accomplished by using the Execution of an external application option, not scanning. As discussed here. This is also placed in the Future changes. #3 Under NOD32 Scanner. Since this is not a "silent" option.

I hope this helps.

5. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Oh I think that could be it... That sucks... because if you do that way it won't be run in the background. I hope they fix this soon.

Thanks.

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Bsilva - Since I know you use the RA Console, you can always do what I do when I get in in the morning:

1. Get coffee :D
    2. Fire up the RA Console - this connects me with all of my downstream servers and clients
    3. Sort by "Last Virus Alert"
    4. Highlight everyone that has an entry
    5. Run a scan and clean with a special .XML config file

Takes all of about 30 seconds to fire it off. Hardly enough time to worry about.

The alternative is to use the "Execute external application" as mentioned before. It's a pain, but could be worse.

7. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

The only problem is with that is in the console if a virus was found by a scan, it won't show up in the last virus alert. So you have to go through the scan logs. The only thing that shows is virus caught by IMON and/or AMON.

That's what I have been doing lately is running it at the end of the work day. I won't use execute an external app, because it would cause to many phone calls for our help desk.

8. rumpstah

Out of curiosity I tried a scan from the console using all the options as I normally do for a scan (scanning always worked). Maybe it is the 1.05 console that is working now, but I can clean a machine silently! That is a great plus!! I sent a to scan to a few hundred machines (some I put some archive malware on for the test ;) ) and it silently cleaned them all! I made an xml file with all the options checked clean/delete/quarantine, etc.(I had to back up in the console using On Demand Scan as the task to pick the .xml file which I stored on the server).

9. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

That way also works for me, but I was talking about the scheduled task. Unless you run an external app it won't clean or delete the infected file.

I have a workaround I just schedule a scan from the console to a future date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.