Production of TrueImage HOME stopped?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aggronix, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aggronix

aggronix Registered Member

As I'm using TI 10 Home at work, I went to buy a license to use it at home, too.

But last week I've been informed that the production of TrueImage HOME will be stopped. o_O

@ Acronis:
    - Is the information I got from my local software dealer correct?

- If I buy TI Home now, may I have the possibility for an upgrade oder crossgrade to another product?

- which product is the successor of TI HOME? As far as I know, the WORKSTATION isn't an alternative because one cannot create images from the bootable media environment.

- how long will you support TI Home ?

- how long will you deliver TI Home patches ?

thanks, aggronix.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, you can create Backup Images using the bootable CD media in Workstation.

3. aggronix

Hi, DwnNdrty

sure? OK, perhaps I missunderstood something. Is it also possible to write an image to an external dvd directly from the linux environment of TI Workstation? I remember I got the information (from the german support about 1 year ago - related to TI 9.1) that one of those features are only implemented to the home version.

regards, aggronix.

4. DwnNdrty

Ah ... that I don't know, since I don't advocate writing an Image directly to DVD media if the Image is going to span more than three dvd discs.

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

TI Home is still offered for sale at www.Acronis.com. I don't understand why you think its not in production?

6. aggronix

we have some elder NT4 machines and used to store 3 images on one DVD. I was so happy with those 2GB drives ... :D

Let's see what Acronis will to betray about TI 10's future.

Thank you for your help.
    aggronix.

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hmmm.. That could be an interesting Change Log. It would also be the first [​IMG]

Xpilot

8. DwnNdrty

About 2Gb drives ... you and me both ... unfortunately even the new OS, Vista, requires 7Gb to start. :D :D

9. aggronix

hm. Windows XP will be terminated but it's still offered. Chrysler cars are still offered but I don't think Daimler-Benz will design a new one :D

I never wrote TI HOME is not in production, a local software dealer here in swizerland said it will be stopped. I like to know when to decide purchasing.

I asked here in the forum because I didn't find any information about a termination of TI HOME's production on acronis web site, instead I found - like you - it's still offered.

aggronix.

10. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

TI Home usually has a version update once a year. TI 10 came out in October 2006. Its likely that later this year there maybe a TI 11. Acronis never publishes information about new releases very far in advance. If you want to buy TI Home for personal use it is available as you can see. Contact Acronis sales if you have a corporate need.

11. shieber

shieber Registered Member

New versions of ATI come out about once a year, it seems, so the next version might be due in about, six months (since ATI10 came out?). With short cycles llike that, you can't expect to get an automatic upgrade if you bought the prior version a month or more before the newer version is released. Whether the next version will be called Home or something else, who knows. There's no merger or acquistion news re Acronis on the news wires, so the brand name wouldn't appear to be in jeophardy. Maybe the sales guy didn't know what he was talking about (not unheard of) or was just trying to steer you to another product (again, not unheard of) or was jsut wrong (once again, not unheard of).

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aggronix and everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we do not have plans to stop the production of Acronis True Image Home. Most probably you were provided with incorrect information or misunderstood your sales representative.

Could you please send us a Private Message containing the information about the reseller who provided you with this information? We will figure our the source of such information, which could mislead other customers.

Please note that Home version of Acronis True Image can be upgraded to Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. You can purchase the upgrade on our on-line store.

Please note that as in was mentioned above one can use Acronis True Image Bootable Media created with any version of Acronis True Image to perform backup/restore operations as well as almost all other operations available when using Acronis True Image under Windows (validate backup archive, manage Acronis Secure Zone, Add New Disk tool, Clone Disk tool etc).

The restriction to restore an image archive only is created for the Bootable CD created with the trial version of Acronis True Image (any edition).

You can find Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation comparison page here.

Please note that users of the old versions of Acronis Software are eligible for support without any time limits. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues you might experience with Acronis Software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

13. aggronix

Hello Aleksandr,

Thank you very much for your statement. I've called the reseller yesterday. He told me that he's got this (wrong) information from Acronis. He will contact Acronis himself to clarify the misunderstanding.

Because I'm really comfortable with TrueImage Home on my job and TI Home will be continued (as you said) yesterday I bought 2 boxes for private use too.

Best regards,

aggronix.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello aggronix,

From TI 9.x Build 3625 onwards you can create images direct to DVD from within the Linux based boot rescue environment. The only thing is that you cannot also include the Acronis Media Components in the image as this can only be done from within Windows mode.

Be aware however that there are some known issues (bugs!) with the last few builds of TI 9 when imaging direct to DVD. See this thread titled <Testing of v9 Build 3854> for details. I have resisted upgrading to TI 10.0, therefore I can't confirm whether those earlier problems have now been resolved.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.