Product of the Year

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Obviously a poll will not suffice so the best we can do is you post what you feel is the product of the year for 2008 and why. It isnt a comparision thread but one of a singular product you feel deserves this and why. There wont be any total numbers to determine a winner, because in reality there isnt one.

What I hope this thread will do it allow folks to come and read about a host of products and why individuals feel they deserve this honor. Lets call it a informative thread. Yes, you can post more then once if you feel more deserve it but, "DONT INCLUDE MORE THEN ONE IN ANY POST.!" Sorry for shouting but, lets do it right, ok. Do not reference any product but the one you wish to post about.

After long debate, I am going with DefenseWall. I spent the ealry part of 2008 battling with Ilya over license fees and the number of computers a license would cover. Hmmm, even today, he has not done anything about this, but he did take it under consideration. Took me a looooong time to warm up to DefenseWall and the whole entire idea of HIPS, but his patience and trust me on this one, his understanding of my OCD paid off in the end. Ilya, you get my vote, may be the only one, but you have shown what dedication is all about.

Next?

2. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

For me it's Prevx Edge hands down. Excellent detection and no slow downs on my computer. Support is totally top notch.

Nuff said. :)

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Sandboxie. It is just a very good tool for virtually anyone.

Sul.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Do keep in mind this can be a firewall, a AV, a registry cleaner, anything you wish to post.

5. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

A-squared V4

6. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

Prevx Edge.

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

IMO Sandboxie,It is truly remarkeable from developement and feature rich and most important the protection it provides.

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

GeSWallPro v2.7.1.

I don't know if this product gets my vote because I just discovered it this year or because it is the best thing out there this year. Probably the former.

I wish the forum was more active, and I wish the dev was a bit more responsive to email inquiries (I get replies but they often take several days), yet I still consider this application to be the one that puts me over the top in the protection game.

The OP said not to mention other programs, so I will refrain, per his wish. Suffice it to say that when combined with all other apps I currently run, GeSWallPro is the one that tightens everything up the best. :thumb:

9. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

my vote is for Sandboxie

because it's useable more or less out of the box, useful, configurable, has got a lively forum and an active communicative developer who has his finger right on the pulse of user needs.

10. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

FD-ISR.

Allows me to fix OS problems in one snapshot while keeping the other one healthy. Best uninstaller of its class. Big time saver.

11. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

DriveSentry

feature rich with great protection, just hope they fix it's bugs soon, then it will be perfect for me, my favorite app.

12. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

PROCESS LASSO.

Thanks, PRO

13. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

My Vote Has To Go To XPAntivirus 2009 iT Has Found 1000`s Of Infections That My OLD Antivirus Let Slip Through.
    (1st) It`s Vert Light On Resources
    (2nd) A One of Payment,
    (3rd) Very Large Signature DataBase

I Can`t Wait till XPAntivirus 2010 Version Comes Out Hopeful i Will Be Able To Upgrade To The Lastest Version For Free :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  14. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Wilder's Security Forum and most of the fellas that post there!

15. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

I'll go for a newcomer in the security scene, Malware Defender.

Already great tool of its class, and the skill and dedication of its developer make for even highter expectation for next year(s), if ever possible.

16. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

SUPERAntiSpyware without a doubt the least bugged and stable security program that not only detects most new malware but also removes it properly. Exremely low resource usage, 1 off small payment for life, excellent support and high security from out fot the box, newbie proof program!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  17. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

CIS 3.5

18. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

DefenseWall. Great protection out of the box and great support!

19. rOadToIS

rOadToIS Registered Member

Product of the Year - COMODO Firewall Pro with Defense Plus

Since I've installed Comodo firewall, one of the best free firewall out there, in conjunction with defense plus, I've never had a single malware intalled on my PC. Especially, I would like to thank COMODO for making such a great HIPS: Defense plus.
    It's light and does its job. Keep up the good work COMODO! :thumb:

20. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Although I'm happy to run with little or no protection I feel that I have to vote for SuRun. SuRun finally makes running a limited account in XP a civilized option

21. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Lol,great program!I wonder if A Squared could deal with it?Most likely not I would think.LOL twice. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-xp-antivirus-2008-2009

22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware! I've seen this program resuscitate more PCs this year than ever before. Kudos to Marcin and Bruce for keeping up with current threats.

23. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

(Tie)
    Sandboxie :: Malware Defender

24. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You just may have a decent point there JRViejo.

MBAM has certainly been a great help here when cleaning up other machines on more than a few occassions in making it easy for me in getting rid of installed rogues which seems to the prevalent type of malware these days.:thumb:

25. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

although for half a year i do not even run XP, when i did surun impressed me so much that made want to dump everything else..now in vista the same features are built in the OS so i take them for granted..yet it was a HUGE leap forward for an OS bult back in the 90s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.