Product ID numbers and ID Blaster

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by fijiboy, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

You know if I was writing a program that changes something the way id blaster does I would include a way to record the original id numbers(like a system snapshot for restore purposes) quickly and easily.At the same time I would make sure that it was easy to find in the program so that I could return to the original id numbers when needed or at least I would show the originals before starting randomization so that I could record them.I don't see that with id blaster and how hard can that be?To get advice to go to another program to return to the original id numbers just doesn't seem to make much sense to me.Does it to anyone else out there?Especially when it cost money for that help program.
    I realize it is a free program and I use it at my own risk and that you are all volunteers using your own time to help us so it takes as long as it takes to get a reply but I'm more frustrated that I can't find an easy way to return to my original id numbers than anything else.I don't even know where to go to find them.For example what is an NT-specific-ID?And where would I find that?
    So I thought that the id numbers that I recorded for reference were the originals until I printed out a second copy and they were all different.So now I really don't have a clue how to get the originals back.
    Oh well it was getting time to uninstall everything and reformat anyway.

fijiboy

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

This registry viewer is free: MiTeC Windows Registry File Viewer 2.2. Open the file named "software" in C:\Windows\repair and look for these keys:

Windows ID:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

NT-specific ID:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Nick

3. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

problem solved

I simply uninstalled id blaster and was able to download and install winxp service pack 2 with no problems.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: id blaster dont have switch back switch ? why

good software easy to use why no click your blaze algain swith click algain your a ghost?

5. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

hmmm My tuatara translators v5 'Mr Blaze' plugin doesn't work anymore,
    but all other alien translator plugins still work.

I'll restart this translator .. then zal het wel weer werken, ich verstehe das nicht, saya tidak mengerti,nie rozumiem, Ek verstaan nie, Nga ma g'o shaw nya nya, Wakaranai desu, Yo no entiendo, Je ne comprends pas, Meri samajh mein nahin aati hai

oke it is up and running again ...

:>)

6. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Seems like good program... :D You have crack for it? :p :D :ninja:

7. drefoo

drefoo Registered Member

I believe that another program (freeware:Sideshow Homer) has attached itself somehow to my IDBlaster. Is this possible, or am I nutz? I cannot access Add/Remove Programs to get rid of Homer, and when I try to access IDBlaster installshield pops up as installing Homer.msi.

8. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Drefoo

Beware of sideshow characters.
    SideshowHomer sounds like bad malware doesn´t it? Never seen that one before though. have you tried to reinstall sideshow homer and then uninstall?
    ...uh oh there are millions of problems on puters now a days...

~Ari~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.