product & backup plan query.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by smallhagrid, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallhagrid

smallhagrid Registered Member

Please ignore. (I'd delete this...if I could...)

But I see no way to do that - so I'll just reduce it instead.

T'was a query about backing up XP.
    Too few XP users reminaing here, I guess.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Go ahead and ask the question. Plenty of XP users around.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes ask. I have 3 XP computers and all of them get backed up regularly.

Pete

4. smallhagrid

smallhagrid Registered Member

I guessed there are lots of fellow XP users here - but I listed my picks and their features on paper after finding out more about FD-ISR (which I still have) and came to a decision of how best to proceed with what I already have.

I'm now using Drive Snapshot and Driveclone 5 - which is WAAAAY better than it's newer versions.

Features from it's help file:
    - Hard Drive Imaging: Quickly back up or restore a system, or transfer a system image to a new hard drive.
    - Complete External Backup: Store a complete system image on a USB hard drive, network share, or use the built-in CD/DVD burner to create an exact copy of your hard drive on disc.
    - Easy Disk Image Updates: Incremental Backup lets you quickly update your saved disk image without ever leaving Windows.
    - Flexible Backup: Back up your hard drive to another local hard drive, network drive, a USB device, or to CD/DVD media.
    - Clone hard drives that are different in size, format, or brand.
    - Rapid, Controlled Recovery: Supports UDMA1-5 and can restore data in sectors.
    - Partition Support: Supports FAT32, NTFS, Linux EXT2/3 and other unknown partitions.
    - Hardware Support: Supports IDE, EIDE, SATA, and SCSI hard drives and hardware RAID 0/1. Please visit http://www.farstone.com/software/DriveClone Pro-raid.htm.
    - 100% protection: Restore an operating system damaged by corrupt software, human error, a virus attack, or a software bug.
    - Universal Restore: Restore a complete system image of a particular configuration to different hardware or a Virtual Machine.
    - Password Protection: Restrict user access to DriveClone Pro; lock your computer at the DOS level.
    - Unlimited System Snapshots: Create multiple System Snapshots, limited only by the hard drive space you allocate for DriveClone Pro’s Secure Area.
    - Resize Secure Area: Allocate more space to store Snapshots without reinstalling the application.

Version-wise, they split up it's features into a few different products after v7, which was about 10 times the size of v5.

No biggie to me as v5 does all that I need it to.

Between those 2 things with internal/external storage I suspect I am well covered in the cases of s/w or h/w failures now.

Thanks for replying folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.