product & backup plan query.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by smallhagrid, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallhagrid

smallhagrid Registered Member

Please ignore. (I'd delete this...if I could...)

But I see no way to do that - so I'll just reduce it instead.

T'was a query about backing up XP.
    Too few XP users reminaing here, I guess.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

Go ahead and ask the question. Plenty of XP users around.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yes ask. I have 3 XP computers and all of them get backed up regularly.

Pete

4. smallhagrid

smallhagrid Registered Member

I guessed there are lots of fellow XP users here - but I listed my picks and their features on paper after finding out more about FD-ISR (which I still have) and came to a decision of how best to proceed with what I already have.

I'm now using Drive Snapshot and Driveclone 5 - which is WAAAAY better than it's newer versions.

Features from it's help file:
    - Hard Drive Imaging: Quickly back up or restore a system, or transfer a system image to a new hard drive.
    - Complete External Backup: Store a complete system image on a USB hard drive, network share, or use the built-in CD/DVD burner to create an exact copy of your hard drive on disc.
    - Easy Disk Image Updates: Incremental Backup lets you quickly update your saved disk image without ever leaving Windows.
    - Flexible Backup: Back up your hard drive to another local hard drive, network drive, a USB device, or to CD/DVD media.
    - Clone hard drives that are different in size, format, or brand.
    - Rapid, Controlled Recovery: Supports UDMA1-5 and can restore data in sectors.
    - Partition Support: Supports FAT32, NTFS, Linux EXT2/3 and other unknown partitions.
    - Hardware Support: Supports IDE, EIDE, SATA, and SCSI hard drives and hardware RAID 0/1. Please visit http://www.farstone.com/software/DriveClone Pro-raid.htm.
    - 100% protection: Restore an operating system damaged by corrupt software, human error, a virus attack, or a software bug.
    - Universal Restore: Restore a complete system image of a particular configuration to different hardware or a Virtual Machine.
    - Password Protection: Restrict user access to DriveClone Pro; lock your computer at the DOS level.
    - Unlimited System Snapshots: Create multiple System Snapshots, limited only by the hard drive space you allocate for DriveClone Pro’s Secure Area.
    - Resize Secure Area: Allocate more space to store Snapshots without reinstalling the application.

Version-wise, they split up it's features into a few different products after v7, which was about 10 times the size of v5.

No biggie to me as v5 does all that I need it to.

Between those 2 things with internal/external storage I suspect I am well covered in the cases of s/w or h/w failures now.

Thanks for replying folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.