ProcX v1.000

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Jason_R0, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

http://www.ghostsecurity.com/index.php?page=procx

ProcX displays all running processes and modules on your systems. It is a necessity to monitor running processes on your system to determine if anything malicious may be running. ProcX allows you to perform various functions on these running processes and DLLs. ProcX is especially useful for system administrators who disinfect computers.

---

ProcX was designed and coded by gkweb (Guillaume Kaddouch) for Ghost Security. He runs a leaktest website :-

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

2. Edwardsan

Edwardsan Registered Member

Very nice job! :D

I was wondering if you could make the columns sortable though, would be a very nice touch if you could.

Thanks A Lot :D
    Edward

3. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

I too would like to see this sorting feature. Also, an options dialog that would allow you to select to always show the dll pane and to not have the 'are you sure you want to shutdown' warning.

Jason, are you coding this software now or should we contact gkweb at his site?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

4. Gary Graham

Gary Graham Registered Member

With GhostSecuritySuite, you have the AppDefender, and RegDefender tied into the same GUI. I assume you will do the same with GhostWall.
    Shouldn't there be a ProcX-like modual for doing what ProcX does?

If you can control what can start, and what can edit the registry, shouldn't you be able to control what is running, and different abilities/limitations for running processes?

Gary

5. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Sounds like good idea :cool: I'll second that

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Same question I asked Jason one month ago regarding the implementation of Procx. I hope it will cause it would make the suite more complete and it's free :)

7. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am glad you provide us this thing for free...;)

I am using it to monitor all of my running processes and my available RAM... and best of all I can compare the total running processes of the administrator account and my limited account. Very useful for monitoring real RAM memory and virtual memory used by each program. I even uninstalled some programs when I found out that it eats up lots of RAM memory, as I only have 256MB RAM. :cool:

Hope the next version will become much more better and still free. :D

8. LeeH

LeeH Registered Member

Thanks so much for this free process monitor. :)

It has a very nice looking GUI!

It is good that you can see the RAM usage of processes, like sweater says.

I also see you can calculate the MD5 checksum, which could be another very useful feature.

How should the MD5 checksum be used?
    E.g. should you compare these at the time you first install an application?
    What about Windows processes?
    Is there some way of knowing that all your Windows processes are genuine Microsoft files?

However, I have heard that MD5 checksums can now be hacked. Would it help to update this checksum using a more secure algorithm? Just a thought....

Best regards,
    Lee.

9. squallelf

squallelf Registered Member

it would be good if it can start any application, instead of only explorer

sometime, when explorer didn't work, and i would like to launch nero burning rom to backup data, i have to use trad. task manager...
    however, if i replaced this with task manager , i'll have no way to do it.....

10. dHodges

dHodges Guest

If I may inquire, how do we set the Grid lines OFF and they remain as such until changed again?

Thank you for reading my roaster toaster,

11. isomer13

isomer13 Registered Member

You can just choose to terminate procx from the menu and the shutdown dialog will be bypassed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.