PROCGUARD?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by csm324, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Hi All,
    I am a newbie to this forum and pc 's in general.
    I recenlty bought process guard to add to the arsenal and it keeps coming up with procguard on start up and the new harware wizard appears.
    I did a google on it,and it looks like a process guard driver? Can anyone help me stop this from appearing at start up?

Regards
    Chris

ps I use xp pro with sp2.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi csm324, Try putting ProcessGuard into learning mode with the four general tabs enabled and reboot, let windows tell you what new hardware is found, and install run your security apps. Reboot again then take PG out of learning mode, hopefully all will be well.

HTH Pilli

3. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Hi All,

Thanks Pilli,
    Have rebooted in Learning mode,but 2 other 'new hardware found' items have popped up!
    1) logical disk manager administrator service
    2) SIS port driver

Then the 2 new hardware wizrds pop up.

What do you think is happening?

Thanks heaps,
    Chris

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi csm324,

My guess is that your initial Learning Mode went badly. I would suggest uninstalling PG and then reboot and let Windows redetect all "new hardware" if it needs to (which can include services and drivers). Reboot and then reinstall PG. Learning Mode, by default, involves four reboots: the first two in Learning Mode with no Global Protection Options enabled. After the third, PG will start in Normal Mode but with no Global Protection Options enabled. Enable all four Global Protection Options and reboot one last time. Hopefully that will help.

Nick

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I think you need to install some drivers for that hardware, since it should have nothing to do with PG being installed. Once the drivers are installed Windows will stop trying to install them

6. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Hi All,
    Thanks everyone for your help,

But,I uinstalled process guard and its doing the same things..so Gavins response seems like the way to go,but,did a search at startup for those 2 new drivers using the 'search the internet for drivers' option,and the new hardware wizard couldnt find a new driver.
    I went to windows update and nothing.

Anyone know what the'logical disk manager adminstrator service' thingie does?
    Why would it pop up after installing process guard?
    Process guard must of added something to the pc for it recognize this new piece of data?

I looked up procguard on google and it said you should not unistall it because it is a vital piece for process guard to work properly.
    Why does the pc see it as requiring a driver?

Thanks for all your help.
    Chris

ps It looks like we share the same neck of the woods,Gavin.Perth,WA!
    Can you give me a pm for your phone number - Although I really appreciate everyones input,it would be a bit quicker than the forum!

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I believe the Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service can be set to manual startup and only starts when drives are being configured. What is a SIS port driver? Is it safe? suggests that you take a look at Device Manager for any driver errors and reinstall/update the drivers involved by downloading them from your computer manufacturer's website.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.