Processing, Please Wait

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lemonblood, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemonblood

lemonblood Registered Member

Hi, I'm trying to do a backup with Acronis True Image Home 10.0.
    I have been trying to find a good backup program for months and have still not found one. When I select the type of backup I want, in the wizard, and click next. A popup informs me that it is processing and I need to wait, there is a little clock with an arrow going round. This has been going for 4 hours, and hasn't stopped yet.

Fix?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Which build of version 10 are you using?
    What are you trying to backup?
    What type of backup have you chosen?
    What is its volume?
    What level of compression?
    What backup priority selected?
    Where is the backup destination?
    Are you imaging from within Windows or from the rescue CD?
    Some brief details of your set up would help:-
    What operating system are you using?
    Is it a PC or notebook?
    Outline specs for the computer would help.

Xpilot

3. lemonblood

Which build of version 10 are you using?
    What are you trying to backup?
    What type of backup have you chosen?
    What is its volume?
    What level of compression?
    What backup priority selected?
    Where is the backup destination?
    Are you imaging from within Windows or from the rescue CD?
    Some brief details of your set up would help:-
    What operating system are you using?
    Is it a PC or notebook?
    Outline specs for the computer would help.

My Computer
    Uh... I don't get that far.
    Windows.
    PC.
    64-Bit, 1 gig of Ram, Nvidia Geforce 8800, allright specs I guess.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

A review of my guides (link below) may be of assistance. It might give you some clues as to what is happening.

5. lemonblood

Although I have overcome the issue, when supposedly backuping, it stays at 0%, I left it on for 2 hours, 2/3 the time it said it would take to complete, and no dice.

6. lemonblood

I just left it on from 2:55 to 6:44, and still at 0%

7. visch1

visch1 Registered Member

Perhaps a new unannounced feature to give us ample time to think about the process we want that gives fits.:rolleyes:

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

IF it's hanging right after starting, then it could be ATI is having aproblem recognizing one or more of the drives. If it hangs after it's gotten past that point and and begins the first step of making a backup, it could be hanging in the process of making a snapshot. ATI takes a snapshot of used sectors before it backs up and filters changes to these so that yu can keep using windows while doing a backup.

Solution: these are probs for tech support.

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I would try your "rescue CD" and see if it works from there. Worth a try.
    When I first purchased True Image, I could not copy an image in the windows environment. I tried the rescue disk and it worked fine.
    I was able to recover and copy an image with no problem. I then decided it was time to clear the "junk" out of my operating system and reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows. ( win 98se with about 5 years of junk,)True Image has worked fine ever since.
    I would make an image daily of my progress reinstalling the operating system and restore to the old image, until I had my operating system to the point I wanted and deleted the images from my old "dirty" OS. (I have since "updated" to XP from a clean WIN 98se )

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lemonblood,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions in this post. If that doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.