Processguard v3.51 and Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by mhu, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhu

mhu Registered Member

Howdy All,

Are their any issues regarding PG install with Win XP - X64?

thanx in advance...mhu

2. devicenull

devicenull Registered Member

It's not supported at all.

Question for someone: I've heard it's easily possible to bypass the protection that x64 has. Seeing as malware is going to do this, do we have a chance of getting a version of PG that will do this?

I realize that it's not exactly something microsoft wants to see. Malware isn't going to do what microsoft wants. I'd rather have PG bypassing it, and me knowing about it, rather then malware bypassing it, and me not knowing.

3. some made up name

some made up name Registered Member

With the rumours about PG4 being worked on, spreading more and more (DCS have said very little officially about it, if anything) and assuming they are true, then i doubt that x64 support will make it into the PG3.x series. I assume that PG4 will be a redesign / rewrite (it almost seems like they are hitting a brick wall in terms of implementing new features) and as such x64 compatibility would be reconsidered, possibly even implemented :cool:.

4. f3x

f3x Registered Member

I would say No. It's "easy" to bypass patchguard, however DCS wants MS approved on its driver. Thus they will not do it. That i what i read and seamed like an official point of view. However there are other way of protecteing your system, that would require even more R&D wich confirm the theory of not before PG4.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, some made up name

I will start by saying this is my first post with any dissent towards DiamondCS.

I have full Licensces for all their Licenced products.

I have none installed at this time.

You sould not hold you breath while waiting on any DiamomdCS product with a Prefix of 4, i.e TDS and Wormguard.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I plan to move to XP Pro 64 bit later this year. That means no PG. I currently have an nVidia 7800GTX video card and an nVidia mobo. That also means no PG. Damn shame.

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

What's up with Nvidia and PG?

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.