ProcessGuard & Previx

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dannyboy 950, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950 Registered Member

Is ProcessGuard and Previx basically the same type of program.
    Reading both programs statements of what they do and how. There does not seem to be much difference between them.

2. earth1

earth1 Registered Member

Hi dannyboy,

I remembered several past threads on this, so I clicked on "Search", selected "ProcessGuared" for the forum (lower-right) and searched on "prevx". It turned up 22 posts, and several have prevx in the title, such as: PrevX vs Process Guard You'll probably get a better overview from those than by starting a new thread.

I believe the short answer was something like, "Prevx reports changes to executable files, but does nothing to protect the integrity of a program once it is running.. I tried prevx briefly, and liked it, but it is memory intensive, and seemed to provide a more generic kind of protection.

HTH, Mike

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

During the period that I was running Prevx and PG 3.0 Trial, I successfully hosed by registry - but good. It is the event that gave me the much needed impetus to go out and get some image copy hardware and software. :)

I had similar problems running SSM and any other similar type of software (e.g. PG, Prevx). Even the registry monitors gave my system lots of trouble because none of the actions are really coordinated between these different programs, and if items are deleted or rollbacked in an incorrect or incomplete manner, things can get nasty. At least that is what I discovered. Of all of these products, I settled on PG 3.0 after lots of testing because it was the most stable and most "friendly" to its neighbors (i.e. other AT, AV, AS programs).

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.