ProcessGuard has Captcha !

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Whilst checking some malware i have in a folder, Prevx popped up with a warning. Correct about them being nasties, but incorrect about being infected. That's ok though as Prevx doesn't expect everyone to keep malware, and presumes it's going to infect if run.

I selected the first file to exclude as a FP from future detection, it's not a FP of course. As i started to do this ProcessGuard jumped in

pg-prx.gif

Entered the captcha and

tu.gif

I've been using PG free v3.500 for some time, but only recently got a key from a nice person :) to convert it to the full version. So all the previous times i've done this with the free, i obviously never had this option, and never saw it, or even knew about it.

Nice extra safety feature :thumb:

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Yes, a good feature. A-Squared also has it

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I would never rely on such a broken, easily bypassed system such as Captcha for security, but I would assume on your own personal system not much can go wrong. That's the first time I ever saw that in PG, interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.