ProcessGuard for 98 ??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Bethrezen, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

I'm wondering if there are any plans to make ProcessGuard work on 98 ??

because I'm sure that like me there are many out there still using 98 for one reason or another and we still need protection to if anything we probably need it more

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Bethrezen, Sorry it is not possible to adapt ProcessGuards technology for Windows older versions such as W98 or ME, this is due totally different nature of W2K, XP and upwards.
    If you need a program that will offer some protection for W9* then I believe SSM (System Safety Monitor) might help you.

HTH Pilli

3. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Have a look at System Safety Monitor, it has a slightly different target audience (much more work to set it up) but it is a similar type of program

It is not as polished as PG, its only a beta after all - but seeing as you don't have a choice (other than to upgrade your O/S) it is far better than nothing
    It does quite a few things in the same way as PG does so the protection it gives is similar

FWIW, I use both PG and SSM and they don't interfere with each other
    If or when you are in a position to use PG it is well worth it (and it doesn't hurt having a lock on both the inside (PG) and outside (SSM) of the gate :)

You will find SSM at http://maxcomputing.narod.ru/ssme.html?lang=en#get

Edit: Pilli.. sorry I didn't seeyour post, I see now that you have already mentioned SSM. At least I added something extra (the link)

4. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

thanks for your replys

shame about PG never mind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.