ProcessGuard and Wuauclt.exe?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dja2k, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Today Firefox stopped responding so I close it but was kept running on the task manger where I clicked close and was blocked by ProcessGuard where I found out that wuauclt.exe was the one keeping firefox from terminating. Now my question is this, what is wuauclt.exe doing trying to manipulate firefox?

dja2k

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi, can you post the log sections just pertaining to that and a few events around the same time ?

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Here is what I found.

---ProcessGuard 3.200 Log Started---
    18:40:25 [TERMINATE] c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe [2776] was blocked from terminating c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe [1236]

Events:
    Well normal surfying, though now that I thought abou it, this happened when visiting this site with windows media player video playback, maybe that had something to do with it.

dja2k

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Very interesting, might be because any browser uses HTML functionality of IE (which is part of the OS) - so it wanted to kill the browser before updating itself or even just to get the latest Windows Update catalog..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.