Process Lock Out Itself

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dboley, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dboley

dboley Registered Member

Apparently Process Guard was not on its own list of applications when I re-booted. Now when I try to run it I get the Handle is invalid message. I had never run the Task Manager under Process Guard so that is also blocked with the same message so I cannot kill any processes. The kernal code is running but can't get to the GUI... Perhaps Process Guard should automatically make iteself an authorized program. I can't uninstall since that has never run under Process Guard which is not now accessable.

Nasty state of affairs!!

Of course, you may note, I was fortunate to have run Explorer under Process Guard so it is ok. Off to safe mode.....

====================================
    Fortunately there is yet one more level of security for Safe Mode. Uninstalled and reinstalled ok. Works ok now... *puppy*

Dick

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

You may not have run in Learning Mode ? or did you remove Learning Mode before setting up protection. Learning Mode should be used, enable it and run all your security programs once each. Also reboot once. Disable Learning Mode after this procedure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.