Process Lasso Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by boredog, Mar 10, 2017.

1. boredog

boredog Registered Member

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Yes, have been getting the betas for v9, the last couple of months. But, when I got the upgrade, yesterday evening to v9.0.0.193 beta, it did this:

PL_dump created during v9.0.0.193 upgrade_01.JPG

3. boredog

I wonder if that is the same beta they have as a download on their site. That is the one I downloaded but have not installed yet.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have had two more betas install successfully since I posted above, i.e. v9.0.0.197, and just a short time ago, v9.0.0.201.

5. boredog

How are you liking it so far? I have not used it in a while.

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just have it run default mode. I don't go into the settings, because I don't want to muck around with that. I don't notice it running. ;)

7. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

After seeing this thread and after a quick search I've found this thread - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...m-process-lasso-on-my-high-end-laptop.333132/ - Processes Lasso looks an interesting program. I've installed it on my lowest end machine which has been suffering from high CPU usage causing the machine to become almost unusable at times and it does seem to help with that.

There is currently a 40% discount for licenses at the moment so a lifetime household license = AU$61.25. I might just grab me one.

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

beta9 is pain. loading the update causes stepping back to v8!? x64 is loading v8 x32 as update!? wtf idiots.

(both 9.0.0.179)

did not try again, fail.

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Maybe, a good omen. :)

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I don't have a problem with getting the updates. Maybe, if you contacted Jeremy Collake, he would be able assist you.

PL_no problem getting updates_01.JPG

13. guest

guest Guest

I tested it some time ago, and i noticed it too. The PC was always responsive or at least in a usuable state if processes with a high CPU-Usage were running.

14. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I've been using v9 beta since it was released. I've not noticed any problems either running or updating. Current beta version is 9.0.0.201 :thumb:

15. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Done! A household lifetime license cost me about AU$50. Can't complain about that. :thumb:

16. bitsum

bitsum Registered Member

@Tarnak- Sorry about the crash man, that's why it's beta still. Given that you later got good updates, I think that was a freak one-off I am looking for. Version 8 is very stable. Since you asked your question (I think) I now also run a Surface 4 Pro (in the family anyway). There are some unusual restrictions coming up and about regarding CPU thermal control, but I will leave that to another thread. I wrote about it's unusual limit to ONLY having the Balanced power plan (and undoes common hacks to get around that). They literally locked down the OS to Balanced so the hardware doesn't overheat.

@Brummelchen - The self-correcting installer hasn't been perfect all the time, (I've seen cases where people delete the very information necessary to identify their OS). That is why we publish each specific bit-size and edition as well as having a self-correcting installer. If there is a problem with that installer right NOW in either branch, I am not aware of it. The temporary looping back to v8 updates was due to a complexity in having 3 update channels for a while (final, beta, and alpha). THAT was confusing. OR were you just skimming through the change log and pointing at things that I've fixed over time? (UPDATE: I see it appears you were)

@Others: Thank you for your Support and feedback!

As you can see, in addition to developing CPUBalance (stand-alone ProBalance) and expanding ParkControl, this is the largest major update to Process Lasso already (usually I do slow, incremental updates, but I decided to make this one a big refactor).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

G'day @bitsum ,

Welcome to Wilders'! It's always nice to see the dev's popping in here. Thanks for a great program, I don't know why I hadn't found it sooner. :thumb:

Cheers from 'Down Under'.

18. bitsum

bitsum Registered Member

Thanks @Krusty :). Tarnak is a long time user and pointed me over here.

I try be responsive, until I get trolled, then I head back to work, lol.

I think A LOT of you may be interested in CPUBalance, so check it out. People asked for ProBalance Stand Alone for years, so I did it, and it's gotten only a little exposure so far (about to change).

19. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Decided to try PL for the first time the other day and downloaded Process Lasso Portable from Softpedia (is the portable version also available on the Bitsum site?). Liked it enough to buy a lifetime license.
    Running latest v8 but will check out this beta once I am more familiar with PL.
    As I understand it CPUBalance does not offer anything extra to v9, but with v8 it does ... can CPUBalance be run in portable mode as well?
    Thanks @bitsum!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  20. guest

guest Guest

I couldn't find a portable version on the Bitsum-website, so i guess only Softpedia is offering a portable version.
    But i have found this:

21. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

I don't know about the beta but xp users cannot use version 9 (as far as I understand). A final version (which I believe is free) is being released of version 8. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

22. guest

guest Guest

@bitsum
    I'm trying out CPU Balance and Process Lasso 8.
    Now, after launching of Process Lasso 8, the following option is always removed from the .ini-file (but it is needed for CPU Balance):
    ExcludeChildrenOfActiveForeground=true
    This means, after closing of Process Lasso and launching of CPU Balance, the following ProBalance-setting is always disabled and it has to be re-enabled:
    [ ] Do not act on children of the foreground process

CPU Balance is adding settings to the .ini, but Process Lasso is removing them.
    More detail: Process Lasso = left side, CPU-Balance = right side:
    Process_Lasso_8+CPU-Balance_Comparison.png

23. Victek

Victek Registered Member

24. askmark

askmark Registered Member

25. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Note for those using v 9 Beta:

"CPUBalance extends Process Lasso version 8 with the latest ProBalance controls and core engine available, and integrates perfectly with Process Lasso. Version 9 of Process Lasso has the SAME tech and user interface as CPUBalance, so it is not necessary there. Note that v9 is still in beta."

https://bitsum.com/portfolio/cpubalance/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.