Process Lasso on GAOTD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Process Lasso is an excellent program that manages the priority of processes to prevent CPU hogging, and generally smooths things out. Get the pro version today for free:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

2. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Is this a safe program? A lot of what they give away seems to be junk but every now and then they have a gem.

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive used it for years.Its a great program and actively developed.
    ellison

5. guest

guest Guest

I do love Process Lasso! :thumb: (lifetime license, registered user, paid) - Because it makes my AMD dualcore system feel 'flying' if I chose the right settings (for example: "Enable foreground thread priority boosting", despite the warning!), Firefox tabs for example are reacting faster etc., it's pure joy now to use my system (part of the success to a faster system of course was also stopping 'cleanmem' from it's scheduled cleaning (e.g. every hour or every login) which I now use just only on demand in very high RAM situations where it helps).

And you can do so many things with PL, it's a very small and light tool with possibilities like a swiss knife sort of, for example switch power scheme for certain programs or change priorities. - Sure .. Probalance isn't the killer feature anymore on modern systems as it was on old ones, but at least once tweaked to the need of your system (so that it isn't going on the breaks too soon so to speak) it can make also a huge difference stepping in and providing you with an anyway responding system when a program is running wild.

And I have to say I never before saw such an honest and unbelievably dedicated developer who truly deserves to be supported! (And btw. PL is also a great pleasure for people who want frequent beta updates! :D)

For people who have tried v4: I really like v5 much more (it's much faster on my system) and Jeremy made really a huge step in the right direction, best version ever, even more to come I guess! :thumb:

So yes, for me personally it's a gem like TotalCommander and get's installed also on every system I get my fingers on. :) - (The default configuration might work great for you out of the box, but the real potential you only get if you watch your system closely and are tweaking PL to it's needs! - For me Probalance always was too intrusive, but that might have changed. If not, just set the percentage values higher and enjoy. ;) )

6. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Thanks I may give it a try then. :thumb:

7. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Updated to v. 5 yet... ;)

8. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Victek123

Thanks for the tip Vic :thumb:

Good to see it's still with us & updated too. Which also means that "hopefully" Jeremy's recent posts on here about "certain" events, are now in the past & he can move forward to happier etc times :thumb:

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I still have it from a previous giveaway which allows updates, so not going to install this one. Great software for increasing the responsiveness on your system, and making hoggers easier to kill.

10. Less

Less Registered Member

gosh,, i miss the timing...sigh...:oops:

11. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

so many setting in it .. anyone can tell which is the best / fastest / correct setting should be?

10x

12. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ demoneye, the best way to start is leave it with the default settings.

After that you can to customize to your convenience. E.g. if you don't want that notepad open a new windows always you can use "Instance Count Limits" to 1; so you will have one notepad windows ever.

The best is to use the excellent documentation, that comes with the installation to clarification.

13. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Hi demoneye,

I see in your sig that you listed Eaz-Fix. If you are using Eaz-Fix I suggest right-clicking on each Eaz-Fix process entry (in Process Lasso) and set its 'Default Priority Cass' to 'High'. I believe all others should be left as is.

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.