Process ID ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Big T, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big T

Big T Registered Member

Hello all, I'm new the the world of firewalls and this forum. I recently had to install a firewall after reformating, to close ports due to the msql slammer worm. I have no problems with it now but I do have a question?. When I click on my UDP to veiw the last blocked objects there is one that gives me the ports and the IP's and allso a process ID. The process ID is 1072 and I was just wondering what that ment, there is also one that is 4?. Any help to this old newb would be appreciated thx:D

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This will be the PID (Process Identifier)
    Open "Task Manager" select "View....Select columns, and place a tick next to "PID". This will give the referance as to what pgm as what PID.

Do a google search.....
    One site with info http://www.answers.com/topic/process-identifier

3. Big T

Big T Registered Member

Thx Stem,so when I see a PID # that doesnt come up in my taskmanager but it does in my firewall..should I be blocking the port that it was comming in?

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

So it is inbound UDP packets that are being blocked,
    There is no need to block a port if the firewall is already blocking the inbound, it is more a need to know why the inbound is being blocked (and what from).
    More info please:-
    Are you connected directly to the internet (or do you use a router)?
    Which firewall are you using?
    Can you post some examples of the log entries (which show the blocked packets)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.