Process Hacker 2.34 out

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Apr 25, 2015.

1. guest

guest Guest

I guess nightly isn't on portable versions?

2. guest

guest Guest

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    it's weird they don't release the final version becase official release is still 2.39.124 Released 29th of March 2016

hi thanks i will test the portable version

4. guest

guest Guest

5. guest

guest Guest

Beware, AV's like to flag Process Hacker but it is usually a false positive :cool:

Btw.: If someone is using Avast there can be some issues:

6. guest

guest Guest

Some useful changes has been made today, the most important:

Add text trayicon support, Update View->Tray Icons menu (Commit)
    ProcessHacker_nightly_trayicon-text.png
    :thumb: (CPU Usage=6)

Always display tooltips even when the window doesn't have focus (Commit) (Process Explorer already does this: https://wj32.org/processhacker/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186#p641)

Improve process AppId column (now shows the real AppUserModelId for all processes) (Commit)

Basically CF Guard column will now reflect real state of CFG. It should show information only if CFG is really active for given process/module. (#224)

And for fans of cosmetic GUI changes :geek:, the border around the tree/list view can be removed now:
    Don't show border in main tabs #225

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

That is great. I have asked about it in their forum a few weeks back, considering how useless graphs are, you can not say, what the value is from them. It looks awful, but it is a start. :)

8. guest

guest Guest

It is minimalistic but it is better than nothing :)
    If i look at the tiny graph i barely notice any change if it jumps from 6 to 25%. The new text tray icon is much better for this.

9. guest

guest Guest

that is pity that nightly portable builds aren't signed...

10. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

currently possible, firefox 59 from yesterday no cert. i dont consider this as critical, people using nightly should know this ;)

11. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

On the latest Stable Chrome (67) and with the latest Nightly Build of Process Hacker (https://wj32.org/processhacker/nightly.php), PH now shows correctly that the Chrome security developers have enabled the Indirect Branch Prediction process mitigation on all chrome.exe child processes. This is only on the latest Windows 10 (1803 only, I believe) with the latest PH nightly and stable Chrome channel.

IndirectBranchPrediction.png

EDIT: Apparently, it seems, Microsoft has force-enabled this process mitigation on all 32-bit and all 64-bit processes. System processes and user processes. Interesting. (Unless this might be a bug of Process Hacker).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  12. WildByDesign

The latest Process Hacker Nightly (https://wj32.org/processhacker/nightly.php) builds now contain a pretty nice Dark Theme. It is still somewhat of a work-in-progress, but still quite functional.

See here for some screenshots: https://github.com/processhacker/processhacker/issues/98

- you need the latest Nightly build
    - go to Options > General > Enable theme support (experimental) checkbox
    - it will prompt to restart PH, do that
    - go to Options > Graphs > Use old colors (black background) checkbox

That's it. The Dark Theme is still being tweaked here and there with updates lately to the Nightly builds but it's still been working well enough for my daily use of Process Hacker.

13. guest

guest Guest

Nightly stil not signed?

14. WildByDesign

No, it doesn't look like it unfortunately.

15. guest

guest Guest

That is a problem for me, im on SUA and blocked elevation of unsigned processes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.