Process Guard versus Tiny Personal Firewall 5.5

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by quilatelistiq, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quilatelistiq

quilatelistiq Registered Member

Has anyone else seen the difference between Process Guard and
    the build in 'process guard' of Tiny Personal Firewall ??
    I've think i've payed too much money for Process Guard, if you see how the version TPF (5.5 ! ) compairs to PG 2. (making Application groups etc.)
    It has FAR more options en possibilities.
    And it has registry protection, file and directory protection.and of course a very sophisticated firewall

I'am running both on my pc for a while now.
    It looks as if the developers of PG , has seen TPF 5.5 and made their own version.
    I would not be surprised if the same registry protection and file/dir protection,
    from TPF 5.5 will be implemented in TDS-4 ...

Please don't compair Tiny Personal FireWall 5.5 with the free and previous versions or with Kerio.

i'd like to refer colleague-buyers of PG to this product ..

And no, i don't have any thing to do, with Agnitum or any other company ...

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Process Guard (PG) and Tiny Personal Firewall (TPF) are two very different programs, I am a bit confused how you can compare them as they really can't be compared -- for example, Process Guard doesn't have a firewall, and TPF doesn't have the process protection capabilities of Process Guard.

PG ($24.95) is half the price of TPF (which starts at $49.95), and we also have a free version available which can be used for an unlimited time.

Before you accuse us of copying any ideas, consider that Process Guard is the only program of its type in the world - it doesn't even fit into any existing program categories. Gavin is the only person here who uses TPF, neither Jason nor myself (the developers of PG) use it, so if there's any copying of ideas going on then it would be others copying ideas FROM Process Guard, as we certainly didn't have anything to get ideas from while creating it, and I find your accusations personally insulting.

Wrong.

This is the DiamondCS forum, it is not the place to promote products made by other companies, there are appropriate places to do that - this is not one of them.

As you're only here to promote TPF at our expense and have nothing else to contribute I'll close this thread so we can all get back to doing something constructive.

Regards,
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.