Process Guard Rocks but upgradeing is nightmare

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mr.Blaze, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool: Will the new process guard kicks ass and is i think newbie friendly a big plus

it also looks cool

finally all my wishing and bitching payed off looks like DCS is finally adding style to there software i much appreciate it.

but there is a problem the un-install was nightmarish :mad:

:D DCS family on some pc's your un-install how to is incorrect in that its only one way to fix a different problem thats similar to whats really going on.

prcgurd.sys i think was the Little demon that didn't want to go alway

your tutorial un-install in this forum describes a slightly different situation.

for those that get an error that says procgurad.sys error when installing options retry ignore and abort this is what you do

un-install old process guard

go to run on start menu type in regedit type in i think processguard in the find box a folder saying legacy process guard will alpear it will denial you access to delete the folder

right click scroll dowen to permission check the box's that basically say you have permission then delete the legacy processgurd folder

now go to the find box algain and a new folder will alpear called processguard or what ever

guess what ignore it you cant delete that one anyways you cant even get administrative permission so close reg edit

now install processguard you will get the same error now click ignore not recommended

process guard will now re add registry entrys the correct ones and set the right paths where they should had been

now un-install the new process guard procguard.sys will be gone this time lol

now reinstall now you have Brand new process guard with the new procguard.sys

seems the bug is fixed in the new version

by the way i looked at it closely and just realize this would be an awesome way to make a virus lol

because the processguard reg entrys in one case could not be edited or deleted short of a reformat lol

this opens up allot of evill nasties if some one were to use same method's

just my theory lol

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

which new version are you talking about, I cannot see v3 anywhere.

beta you are talking about?

3. Mr.Blaze

i had old verstion just upgraded to i think the new well new to me v2 processguard

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

have fun with it, it was the best investment I made and you made. well worth every penny/euro.

good for you :-*

5. Mr.Blaze

yup im loveing it i feel alot safer

id get the patch at the dcs that stops all the nastys but i use vbs script with my littile ms agents

hmmmm if that patch has an off and on switch like reg protection id install it

that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo coolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dcs has a patch that stops nasty's from infecting your pc lol

its like puting a big S on your pc lol and it free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.