Process Guard problem?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by n8chavez, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I think I might be having a problem with Process Guard. The list of protected applications/executables, et cetera only displays sixty five items. I know there are programs I have granted full execte right to but they are not on the list. I know I have done so because I am not prompted when they try to run. Some of these programs are no longer on my machine any I want to remove them. Any ideas?

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

For clarity's sake which PG tab are you referring to here, the Protection or Security tab? Because if you are saying they are not on the Protection tab then these programs do not need any additional PG permissions to run. i.e. Global Hooks, access to Physical Memory, Driver/Service Instillation, and/or Registry DLL Injection. This will be especially true if said programs appear in the PG Security tab list. This is were PG keeps tabs on your run permissions for programs that you have run and you have Allowed/Denied.

Go to the appropriate tab and scan the list for these programs, and highlight the entries for those not on your system and then click the Remove Applications button. (note: you can use the standard Windows method to select entries; for a single entry click on the entry, for consecutive entries click the first one then shift+click the last one to highlight all, for non-consecutive entries ctrl+click the individual entries)

I hope this helps.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

What I meant was that there seems to be a cap placed on applications under the "protection" tab. I know I have given the exceute right to more than are listed. And there are some that no longer need that night because they are no longer on my system; I no they do not pose a threat of any kind but would still lke to delete them. Is anyone else experiencing this cap?

Please disregard this threat. I thought the security tab acted as a sort of log. This is not the case and everthing I wanted to know is found there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.