Process Guard compared to Abtrusion Protection

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Now please don't get me wrong. I have PG and will not do without it. I was just wondering what the differenses in Execution protection between the two. I had been using AP with PG 1.2. After downloading PG 2 I removed AP. Can they play nice with each other? Do you gain anything by using both?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi WilliamP

I was using AP, but now with PG's new protection, I have removed AP. I suspect they might work together, but I just didn't find it necessary. Also, I found AP had a lot of stuff going on all the time, that while it didn't slow me down, kept my disk drive busy even when I wasn't doing anything. Also the install mode was a little clumsy. Finally when I do an offline defrag, I need to shutdown GoBack. With AP I had to turn off AP first, which involved renaming 3 files, and rebooting. Real nuisance. Not an issue with Process Guard.

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Peter. I just liked AP and if it wasn't for PG I would run it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.